Statement on COVID-19
March 17, 2020
West Coast Seniors Housing Management is treating the current situation associated with COVID-19, very seriously. As such, we wish to reassure residents, their families and the public that we are following direction by health officials and have full infection prevention and control precautions in place. This includes:
- Staff and visitors are being directed to perform proper hand hygiene to break the chain of infection whenever indicated, by washing their hands with soap and water and applying hand sanitizer.
- Environmental cleaning and increased frequency of high touch surfaces in order to break the chain of infection
- We have cancelled open houses at sites and have activated public distancing
- Visitors must fill out an active screening questionnaire prior to coming into the site to visit a resident
- Staff are being advised to use video and phone conferences in place over face to face meetings
- We are reviewing our outbreak supplies and placed the proper orders to make sure we have the sufficient stock in case of a declared outbreak at the sites
We will continue to act upon the latest advice of BC’s health ministry and will adapt our operations as necessary and recommended.
Jennie Deneka – COO and Partner
West Coast Seniors Housing Management