Short Term Stays and Respite Care at Our Retirement Concepts Communities
Our retirement homes are recognized across British Columbia, Alberta and Quebec for providing quality independent living, assisted living and complex care services and residences to seniors. But did you know that some of our locations also offer short term and respite stay accommodations? Here’s what you should know about temporary care for seniors in our communities.
What is a temporary stay?
A temporary stay at one of our retirement homes can be as short as a week or as long as a few months. There are two basic types: short term and respite.
- A short term stay at a retirement home is often necessary if you or a loved one needs a place to recover from surgery, injury or illness. A short stay at a retirement home is also possible if you can’t stay in your home for any other reason, such as if it’s being renovated. Also, if you want to experience living in a retirement home before making a permanent decision, a short term stay may be just the ticket.
- Respite care offers seniors a safe place to stay in if their regular caregiver can’t care for them for a time, such as if they’re going on vacation, are sick themselves or just need a break.
Reasons to Choose a Temporary Stay in a Retirement Community
Here are just a few ways you can benefit from this type of stay.
- It helps alleviate caretaker fatigue. Sometimes, caring for a loved one can be mentally and physically exhausting. Respite care offers a break to those who care for seniors who need extra attention and supervision.
- You can try out a retirement home. If you’re on the fence about moving to a retirement home, staying in one for a short time can give you an idea of what it would be like to live there. You’ll have time to immerse yourself in activities, eat the food and make friends.
- You’ll get the care you need. A short term stay provides you with a comfortable place to safely recover from surgery, an illness or other types of treatment.
- The facility will determine your needs. If you or your loved ones aren’t sure about the level of care required, a short-term stay will allow our team to assess what type of residence is best.
We’re Happy to Help: Short Term and Respite Care Stays
If you or a loved one needs a temporary place to stay for any reason, a Retirement Concepts community relations manager will be happy to help you. You’ll be amazed by the care and attention you’ll receive from our team. Contact a location near you to find out more or book a tour.