Hello Everyone, July 29, 2020
We have enjoyed being able to welcome family and loved ones back. It has been beautiful to see people smile and cry tears of joy as they are reunited. Please know we are doing everything we can during these times to think of innovative ways to make it happen as well as possible, and we have been working hard at recruiting and training staff to assist with screening and visitation
In other positive news, both both hairdressers are reinstated with their safety plans and Residents are happy to have this service back.
If you are the Designated Visitor for anyone in Long Term Care:
- Call 250-760-2444
- When you hear the main greeting, please press 7.
- You will be directed to the new mailbox where you can leave a message.
Please remember to state your name, whom you wish to visit and a phone number where you can be reached.
For family wanting to visit loved ones in the Assisted Living please contact Reception A/L 250-760-2321.
These visits will be set up for one designated family member at a time following this process:
- Designated visitor will self-screen prior to attending at https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Family member will meet our reception staff at the front door of the appropriate building.
- We will need to record your temperature and you will be required to sign in and answer some pre-screened questions.
- A medical grade mask will be provided for each visitor, and all visitors are asked to sanitize your hands.
- You will be led to a sanitized room, or garden area, there will be a 6 foot table set up so you are able to keep social distance
- Staff will bring your family member to the designated visitor’s area for a 30 minute visit.
- Following your visit the staff will sanitize the room and bring your loved one back to their home.
- If you are ill or not feeling well please cancel your visit and stay home
- asking the residents of AL/IL who are doing their “own socially distanced visits outside” that they come check in with reception so we are able to screen and track all visitation as directed by Island Health
There will be no changes for families wanting to visit loved ones in Palliative Care. Concerns can be sent directly to the General Manager who will assist you with resolution. email@example.com
- Facetime/skype sessions for out of town please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-760-2616 for LTC and for Assisted Living, they can call Amy or Gina in recreation at 250-760-2515 to book an appointment.
- If you were you receiving a weekly facetime/skype and you are now the designated visitor, the facetime/skype calls will cease until further notice. If you are out of town and unable to be here in person, please see above.
Stay safe everyone,
From the Leadership Team at Nanaimo Seniors’ Village