Hello Everyone, July 15, 2020
We are very happy to let you know that we have submitted our Designated Visitor plan to Island Health and it was approved as of today. Although there are still restrictions in place in order to protect everyone we are very relieved to finally see visitation is only around the corner. Our plan is to start visits on July 16th. Recreation and Maintenance have been busy setting up the visiting stations.
As of tomorrow we will slowly start to integrate visits for family wanting to see their loved ones in Long Term Care, Assisted Living and Independent Living. We will be recruiting staff for screening and escorting visitors however in the interim per the MHO orders we will proceed as follows:
• One designated visitor per Resident (we are not permitted to have alternate visitors per the MHO orders)
• One designated room outside of Complex Care and A/L and IL apartments
• Garden visits in designated areas
• For Family wanting to visit loved ones in Long Term Care please call Tracey Leslie at 250-760-2316 to set up an appointment.
• For family wanting to visit loved ones in the Assisted and Independent Living please contact Reception A/L 250-760-2321 I/L 250-760-2150
These visits will be set up for one designated family member at a time following this process:
• Designated visitor will self-screen prior to attending at https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
• Family member will meet our reception staff at the front door of the appropriate building.
• We will need to record your temperature and you will be required to sign in and answer some pre-screened questions.
• You will be asked to provide and wear a surgical grade mask and sanitize your hands.
• You will be lead to a sanitized room, or garden area, there will be a 6 foot table set up so you are able to keep social distance
• Staff will bring your family member to the designated visitor’s area for a 30 minute visit.
• Following your visit the staff will sanitize the room and bring your loved one back to their home.
• If you are ill or not feeling well please cancel your visit and stay home
There will be no changes for families wanting to visit loved ones in Palliative Care.
Hairdressing at NSV will resume as soon as the designated visitation and protocols for CoVid 19 are in place.
Concerns can be sent directly to the General Manager who will assist you with resolution. firstname.lastname@example.org
We are still encouraging family members and loved ones to connect with your family member via telephone call, or FACETIME or SKYPE. To inquire about facetime/skype or phone calls or if you want to write a letter or send a picture for us to print, please contact the Recreation Department in Complex Care by email at: email@example.com or call 250-760-2616. For Assisted and Independent Living, you can contact our Manager of Recreation Therapy, Tracey Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-760-2316 and we would be happy to do that for you.
We want to extend our best wishes for a wonderful weekend.
Stay safe everyone,
From the Leadership Team at Nanaimo Seniors’ Village