Hello Everyone, August 21, 2020
The Recreation Department is arranging a live concert for the Residents on Wednesday. The concert is taking place outdoors and all necessary precautions such as screening and Social Distancing will be adhered to. We are hopeful this will brighten up everyone’s day.
For clarification purposes, please note that walking through the gardens and strolling along the property is permitted. We ask that you wear a mask. Please refrain from sitting on any surfaces unless it is in the designated visitor area. We need to ensure that all surfaces are being sanitized between usages.
A further reminder that smoking is not permitted anywhere on the NSV property. Also, iIf you are bringing a pet, it must be contained and attended to.
If you are the Designated Visitor for anyone in Long Term Care:
- Call 250-760-2444
- When you hear the main greeting, please press 7.
- You will be directed to the new mailbox where you can leave a message.
- Please remember to state your name, whom you wish to visit and a phone number where you can be reached.
Visits are be set up for one designated family member at a time following this process:
- Designated visitor will self-screen prior to attending at https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Family member will meet our reception staff at the front door of the appropriate building.
- We will need to record your temperature and you will be required to sign in and answer some pre-screened questions.
- A medical grade mask will be provided for each visitor, and all visitors are asked to sanitize your hands.
- You will be led to a sanitized room, or garden area, there will be a 6 foot table set up so you are able to keep social distance
- Staff will bring your family member to the designated visitor’s area for a 30 minute visit.
- Following your visit the staff will sanitize the room and bring your loved one back to their home.
- If you are ill or not feeling well please cancel your visit and stay home
- asking the residents of AL/IL who are doing their “own socially distanced visits outside” that they come check in with reception so we are able to screen and track all visitation as directed by Island Health
For family wanting to visit loved ones in the Assisted Living please contact Reception A/L 250-760-2321.
There will be no changes for families wanting to visit loved ones in Palliative Care.
Concerns can be sent directly to the General Manager who will assist you with resolution. email@example.com
- Facetime/skype sessions for out of town please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-760-2616 for LTC and for Assisted Living, they can call Amy or Gina in recreation at 250-760-2515 to book an appointment.
- If you were you receiving a weekly facetime/skype and you are now the designated visitor, the facetime/skype calls will cease until further notice. If you are out of town and unable to be here in person, please see above.
From the Leadership Team at Nanaimo Seniors’ Village