We hope you are all continuing to stay safe and healthy!
We are happy to again report that NO RESIDENTS are presenting COVID-19 signs or symptoms at Nanaimo Seniors Village. However, we recognize that this is an anxious time for you and your families, and we hope that by sending out these bi-weekly updates, we can provide some reassurance to you on the care of your loved-one.
Should the status of Nanaimo Seniors Village change in any respect, please know that we will immediately contact families.
We are continuing to follow the direction of our public health officials to the letter and have full infection prevention and control precautions in place. Staff continue to monitor residents closely and are ensuring the following protocols are being adhered to:
• restricting ALL visitors from the premises
• ensuring no staff member is working in multiple facilities
• staff are working strictly within an assigned unit and not multiple units
• staff are removing outside clothing and footwear before entering the premises
• staff are screened for their temperature upon entrance to the building, and midway through their shift
• social distancing is occurring among residents in each facility, including during mealtimes
• appropriate application and removal of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the use of individual slings (cloth component of a personal lift).
• ensuring ongoing, environmental cleaning and increased frequency of high touch surfaces in order to break the chain of infection
• staff and residents are committed to regular/proper hand hygiene to break the chain of infection, by washing their hands with soap and water and applying hand sanitizer.
The Recreation staff are staying in touch with each resident and providing activities to their room or floors to help keep resident minds sharp. Again, please remind and motivate your loved ones to participate in these different activities.
To the extent staff are able to facilitate Facetime and Skype for residents they are doing so, amidst their other duties. Please reach out to our Recreation Team by email email@example.com or call us at: 250-760-2616 to set up a schedule. We will be happy to confirm a date and time to connect you with your loved-one.
We would also like to invite everyone to participate in a Mother’s Day Activity. We are welcoming all the family members to create a poster, card, or heart addressed to their Moms, Grandmas or GREAT Grandmas to display for them from the outside windows. This will put many smiles on faces around here! If you could please submit your creations by May 11th