We have been busy with the designated visitor plan that was implemented last week. Recreation and Maintenance set up tents outside with several visiting stations. We are also pleased to let you know Hairdressing service at NSV has resumed in Assisted Living, LTC hairdresser will follow next week.
Per the MHO and Island Health orders the following process is in place:
- One designated visitor per Resident (we are not permitted to have alternate visitors per the MHO orders)
- One designated room outside of Complex Care and A/L and IL apartments
- Garden visits in designated areas
- For Family wanting to visit loved ones in Long Term Care please call Anik Boudreault at 250-760-2325 to set up an appointment. we are trying to book visits as fast as we can .
- For family wanting to visit loved ones in the Assisted and Independent Living please contact Reception A/L 250-760-2321 I/L 250-760-2150
These visits will be set up for one designated family member at a time following this process:
- Designated visitor will self-screen prior to attending at https://bc.thrive.health/covid19/en
- Family member will meet our reception staff at the front door of the appropriate building.
- We will need to record your temperature and you will be required to sign in and answer some pre-screened questions.
- A medical grade mask will be provided for each visitor, and all visitors are asked to sanitize your hands.
- You will be led to a sanitized room, or garden area, there will be a 6 foot table set up so you are able to keep social distance
- Staff will bring your family member to the designated visitor’s area for a 30 minute visit.
- Following your visit the staff will sanitize the room and bring your loved one back to their home.
- If you are ill or not feeling well please cancel your visit and stay home
There will be no changes for families wanting to visit loved ones in Palliative Care.
Concerns can be sent directly to the General Manager who will assist you with resolution. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facetime/skype sessions for out of town please contact email@example.com or call 250-760-2616 for LTC and for Assisted Living, they can call Amy or Gina in recreation at 250-760-2515 to book an appointment.
- If you were you receiving a weekly facetime/skype and you are not the designated family visitor, the facetime/skype calls will cease until further notice. If you are out of town and unable to be here in person, please see above.
We want to extend our best wishes for a wonderful weekend.
Stay safe everyone,
From the Leadership Team at Nanaimo Seniors’ Village