To all Family Members and Friends of Dufferin Care Centre
Our information remains the same. No new cases or any symptomatic staff or residents at this time.
We understand the information below may seem repetitive however we like to maintain daily contact during any COVID exposure and ensure you have all information readily available.
Another round of point prevalence testing was completed on May 3rd. We are waiting on those results. Should they all come back negative, we will be on our way to coming out of outbreak
All remaining COVID positives cases have now been cleared.
We do remain in outbreak status by the health authority until the next round of testing to confirm we are clear.
We are pleased to tell you that first floor remains COVID free and off of isolation.
First floor activities are as follows:
– Dining rooms were both opened as of Dinner April 18, 2021
– 1st floor residents off isolation and droplet precautions
– Limited group activities have resumed
– Twice daily enhanced screening of staff and residents continues
– Enhanced cleaning continues
Second Floor residents remain on isolation and droplet precautions
We remain in outbreak status and are continuing to follow our COVID-19 protocols including the direction of FHA and Public Health which include:
– Canceling visitation, including window, in-person and virtual visits for 2nd floor only
– Canceling group recreation on second floor only
– Closing dining room and returning to room service for meals on 2nd floor only
– Monitoring all residents for symptoms
– Enhanced deep cleaning and sanitization of all areas
– Daily sanitization of all high touch areas
– Cohorting staff
– Isolating residents to their rooms on second floor only
If your loved one is contact traced or starts to exhibit symptoms, you will be contacted by phone and informed of the next steps.
We will be providing daily updates to ensure everyone remains informed of any changes in operation or general status of the community.
Required 2nd floor residents and 2nd floor staff had point prevalence testing once again on May 3, 2021. We will update you with the results.
Our good news is that we have resumed visitations for first floor only. We will continue with the same process as before our outbreak.
**Delivery hours are between 9 am-4 pm Monday-Saturday**
All deliveries will be received at the lobby entrance. All items will be sanitized and delivered directly to the residents’ suite.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation,
Please rest assured we have the safety and care of your loved ones always as a top priority.
Stay safe everyone!!
Dufferin Care Centre Team