To all Family Members:
We are proud to remain covid-free at Dufferin Care Centre! Thank you for your continued monitoring and diligence.
Please kindly note, if you are dropping off food for your loved one, according to Fraser Health’s directive it must be non-perishable item ONLY (must be consumed immediately, only one portion, we cannot store any non-dried goods). Please ensure the non-perishable items have the name of the resident, room number , and date it was packaged.
With the change in visitations, please note the visits are not walk ins. You MUST have a booking for a visit in advance. Just a friendly reminder to book your visit please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-472-4151. If you do not have an appointment; you will be turned away.
We will continue to provide families and staff with a weekly email update. This is also posted under COVID updates on our Retirement Concepts website.
Visitor Policy Reminder
- We continue to follow Dr. Bonnie Henry’s direction. Please refer to our guidelines sent out
- We continue to schedule visits for families 7 days a week. To request visit times/dates, email this address email@example.com or call 604-472-4151 for visitation. Please include your name, contact telephone number, and name of resident in your email. Allow 24-48 hours for reply.
- AND PLEASE NOTE: Should the community have any type of outbreak, visits will cease immediately
We are no longer required to social distance and will resume regular recreational activities.
- Ensuring no staff member is working in multiple facilities
- Staff and visitors are screened for their temperature upon entrance to the building. Also residents are screened for the temperature twice daily.
- Ensuring ongoing, environmental cleaning and increased frequency of high touch surface cleaning in order to break the chain of infection
- Staff and residents are committed to regular/proper hand hygiene to break the chain of infection, and wash their hands with soap and water and apply hand sanitizer frequently.
We will continue to act upon their latest advice, and will adapt our operations as necessary and recommended.
**Delivery hours are between 9 am-4 pm Monday-Saturday**
All deliveries will be received at the lobby entrance. All items will be sanitized and delivered directly to the residents’ suite.
- Please use plastic bags, not reusable bags;
- Please label all bags with the resident’s name, suite number, and date it was packaged;
- If you are dropping off food for your loved one, according to Fraser Health’s directive the items must be non-perishable ONLY (must be consumed immediately, we cannot store any non-dried goods).
- If possible, please sanitize the items before dropping off. We will re-sanitize as well to be safe.