To all Family Members and Friends of Dufferin Care Centre
Thank you for your continued patience and support.
We continue to have one (1) COVID-19 positive resident on 2nd floor. Ten (10) residents have recovered from COVID and 2 have passed away, bringing our total to 13 residents who have been affected by COVID-19 since April 9 (day of outbreak). One (1) staff member is COVID+ and remains in isolation at home as well as 2 practicum students. Families of COVID positive residents are contacted daily. We are pleased to tell you that first floor remains COVID free and off of isolation.
First floor activities are as follows:
– Dining rooms are both opened as of Dinner April 18, 2021
– 1st floor residents off isolation and droplet precautions
– Limited group activities have resumed
– Twice daily enhanced screening of staff and residents continues
– Enhanced cleaning continues
Second Floor residents remain on isolation and droplet precautions
We remain in outbreak status and are continuing to follow our COVID-19 protocols including the direction of FHA and Public Health which include:
– Canceling visitation, including window, in-person and virtual visits for 2nd floor only
– Canceling group recreation on second floor only
– Closing dining room and returning to room service for meals on 2nd floor only
– Monitoring all residents for symptoms
– Enhanced deep cleaning and sanitization of all areas
– Daily sanitization of all high touch areas
– Cohorting staff
– Isolating residents to their rooms on second floor only
If your loved one is contact traced or starts to exhibit symptoms, you will be contacted by phone and informed of the next steps.
We will be providing daily updates to ensure everyone remains informed of any changes in operation or general status of the community.
All 2nd floor residents and 2nd floor staff have had point prevalence testing once again on April 26, 2021. Results are pending.
Our good news is that we have resumed visitations for first floor only on Monday April 26, 2021. We will continue with the same process as before our outbreak. Please book your visit by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 604-472-4151.
**Delivery hours are between 9 am-4 pm Monday-Saturday**
All deliveries will be received at the lobby entrance. All items will be sanitized and delivered directly to the residents’ suite.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation,
Please rest assured we have the safety and care of your loved ones always as a top priority.
Stay safe everyone!!
Dufferin Care Centre Team