To all Family Members and Friends of Dufferin Care Centre
We continue to have COVID-19 positive residents on 2nd floor. Families of COVID positive residents are contacted daily.
First floor remains COVID free and off of isolation..
First floor activities are as follows:
– Dining rooms are both opened as of Dinner April 18, 2021
– 1st floor residents off isolation and droplet precautions
– Limited group activities have resumed
– Twice daily enhanced screening of staff and residents continues
– Enhanced cleaning continues
Second Floor residents remain on isolation and droplet precautions
We remain in outbreak status and are continuing to follow our COVID-19 protocols as well as the direction of the health authorities which include:
– Canceling visitation, including window, in-person and virtual visits for second floor
– Canceling group recreation on second floor only
– Closing dining room and returning to room service for meals on 2nd floor only
– Monitoring all residents for symptoms
– Enhanced deep cleaning and sanitization of all areas
– Daily sanitization of all high touch areas
– Cohorting staff
– Isolating residents to their rooms on second floor only
If your loved one is contact traced or starts to exhibit symptoms, you will be contacted by phone and informed of the next steps.
We will be providing daily updates to ensure everyone remains informed of any changes in operation or general status of the community.
All 2nd floor residents and 2nd floor staff had point prevalence testing Monday April 26, 2021.
Our visitations went very well yesterday Monday, April 26, 2021. While we are starting off slowly, we will be increasing the numbers in the following days. Please note that the visitations are planned for first floor residents only.
**Delivery hours are between 9 am-4 pm Monday-Saturday**
All deliveries will be received at the lobby entrance. All items will be sanitized and delivered directly to the residents’ suite.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation,
Please rest assured we have the safety and care of your loved ones always as a top priority.
Stay safe everyone!!
Dufferin Care Centre Team