To all Family Members and Friends of Dufferin Care Centre
Our first floor reidents remain CoVid free. FHA Infection Prevention and Control and PH determined that ALL residents on 1st floor no longer have to be in isolation.
– Dining room is open
– 1st floor residents can come off isolation and droplet precautions
– resume limited group activities
– maintain twice daily enhanced screening of staff and residents
– continue with enhanced cleaning
Our second floor remains with CoVid positive residents and therefore continues on isolation and droplet precautions as well as full CoVid -19 protocols.
As we are in outbreak status, we are continuing to follow our COVID-19 protocols as well as the direction of the health authorities which include:
– Canceling visitation, including window, in-person and virtual visits for all floors
(First floor may resume visitation April 26th provided it remains CoVid free, as below)
– Canceling group recreation on second floor only
– Closing dining room and returning to room service for meals on 2nd floor only
– Monitoring all residents for symptoms
– Enhanced deep cleaning and sanitization of all areas
– Daily sanitization of all high touch areas
– Cohorting staff
– Isolating residents to their rooms on second floor only
If your loved one is contact traced or starts to exhibit symptoms, you will be contacted by phone and informed of the next steps.
We will be providing daily updates to ensure everyone remains informed of any changes in operation or general status of the community.
All 2nd floor residents and 2nd floor staff have had another round of point prevalence testing completed on April 19. Results are pending
Should the first floor remain CoVid free, we will resume visitations for first floor only via facetime, window visits as well as in person, beginning Monday April 26, 2021.
Guidelines for the first floor in person visitation:
– Must be booked in advance and within visitation hours
– In person visits will be in Magnolia Room only.
– Visitations will not be expanded to resident rooms or anywhere else in the building at this time.
We encourage the families not to have physical contact with their loved ones and remind you that masks must be worn at all times. Changes will be communicated through this update. We will continue with the same process as before our outbreak. To request Facetime, Window, or In-Person visit times/dates email this address email@example.com or call 604-472-4151 for visitation. Please include your name, contact telephone number, and name of resident in your email. Allow 24-48 hours for reply.
Due to health regulations we are not able to expand the in person, virtual or window visits to the 2nd floor residents at this time.
**Delivery hours are between 9 am-4 pm Monday-Saturday**
All deliveries will be received at the lobby entrance. All items will be sanitized and delivered directly to the residents’ suite.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation,
Please rest assured we have the safety and care of your loved ones always as a top priority.
Stay safe everyone!!
Dufferin Care Centre Team