To all Friends and Family Members of Dufferin Care Centre:
We continue to have 11 COVID -19 positive residents. We are pleased to tell you that all 1st Floor Point Prevalence tests have returned with negative results. To that end, first floor remains COVID free. FHA Infection Prevention and Control and PH have now determined that ALL residents on 1st floor no longer have to be in isolation.
First floor changes include
– Dining rooms are both opened as of Dinner April 18, 2021
– 1st floor residents can come off isolation and droplet precautions
– -resume communal dinning
– -resume limited group activities
– maintain twice daily enhanced screening of staff and residents
– -continue with enhanced cleaning
Second Floor residents will remain on isolation and droplet precautions
We remain in outbreak status and are continuing to follow our COVID-19 protocols as well as the direction of the health authorities which include:
– Canceling visitation, including window, in-person and virtual visits for all floors
– Canceling group recreation on second floor only
– Closing dining room and returning to room service for meals on 2nd floor only
– Monitoring all residents for symptoms
– Enhanced deep cleaning and sanitization of all areas
– Daily sanitization of all high touch areas
– Cohorting staff
– Isolating residents to their rooms on second floor only
If your loved one is contact traced or starts to exhibit symptoms, you will be contacted by phone and informed of the next steps.
We will be providing daily updates to ensure everyone remains informed of any changes in operation or general status of the community.
All 2nd floor residents and staff will be re-swabbed today April 19, 2021
**Delivery hours are between 9 am-4 pm Monday-Saturday**
All deliveries will be received at the lobby entrance. All items will be sanitized and delivered directly to the residents’ suite.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation,
Please rest assured we have the safety and care of your loved ones always as a top priority.
Stay safe everyone!!
Dufferin Care Centre Team