To all Friends and Family Members of Dufferin Care Centre:
We currently have 6 confirmed cases of COVID 19 in residents residing on the second floor.
We have conducted point prevalent testing for A,B,C and D wings of the second floor. We do still have some staff and resident swabs out and are waiting on the results.
As we have previously informed you this means we have been placed on Outbreak status by the health authority.
We understand that some of the information may seem repetitive but in continuing communications we like to ensure everyone has all the information readily available to them.
We continue to follow our CoVid-19 protocols as well as the direction of the health authorities which include:
– Canceling visitation, including window and in-person visits
– Canceling group recreation on the 2nd floor
– Closing dining room and returning to room service for meals on the 2nd floor
– Monitoring all residents for symptoms
– Contact tracing
– Point prevalent testing of staff and residents on A,B,C and D wing of the second floor (completed at this time)
– Enhanced deep cleaning and sanitization of all areas
– Cohorting staff
– Isolating residents to their rooms
If your loved one is contact traced or starts to exhibit symptoms, you will be contacted by phone and informed of the next steps.
We will be providing daily updates to ensure everyone remains informed of any changes in operation or general status of the community.
Virtual visitation may continue for the time being but as staff may be required to ensure the health and happiness of the residents, it may be delayed or halted. For virtual bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-472-4151
**Delivery hours are between 9 am-4 pm Monday-Saturday**
All deliveries will be received at the lobby entrance. All items will be sanitized and delivered directly to the residents’ suite.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation,
Please rest assured we have the safety and care of your loved ones always as a top priority.
Dufferin Care Centre Team