Our Team at Renfrew Care Centre
- Camila Nunes – Interim General Manager
- May Cheung – Director of Care
- Carol Lep – Finances
- Agam Sandhu – Admin Coordinator
- Paul Takeh – Maintenance Manager
- Marivic Tamo – Interim Recreational manager
- Sumandeep Kaur – Support Services Manager (Laundry, Housekeeping, Kitchen)
As we continue to respond to ever-evolving challenges associated with the pandemic, our primary focus remains keeping our residents and team members safe. The Renfrew Care Centre will continue to keep all current infection control protocols and physical distancing in place as per Vancouver Costal Health direction, for the foreseeable future. While we understand and empathize with families and residents, it is essential to keep our community safe.
I would love to hear from you and your experience during your visitations, whether is a compliment, a concern – any feedback is welcome.
Our wonderful staff are here to support you and your family member who live at RCC, so please let us know how we can help with your unique needs. We thank all the family members as we navigate this uncharted waters together and learn from each other.
Resident Visitation Protocol & Procedure JULY 2020 COVID-19 / Includes Poster
As per Health Authority Designated Visitor Mandates & Infection Control
One Designated Family Visitor & Scheduling Your Visit
- Each family must designate a sole visitor. This is the only visitor the resident can experience until the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority informs us of a change to the one visitor policy. The Health Authority has indicated they will review the policy again in August.
- The designated visitor is to schedule an appointment through the RCC Therapeutic Recreation department email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For individuals without email, please call the Recreation office at 604-255-7723 extension 135, and leave a message. The Recreation team will contact you with an appointment day and time (7 days a week from 13:00 to 16:00)
- Our goal is for each resident to have the opportunity for one visit in a 2-week period.
What Happens at Your Scheduled Visit
- The designated visitor is expected to arrive on time. Only the designated visitor will be admitted to the building once Health Pre-Screen is approved. The only entrance and exit to our building is our front lobby door. Please wait outside until your time. The visit is mandated as 30 minutes. Time will not be extended for latecomers. A staff member will welcome you & guide you through all protocols.
- The visitor must bring a clean mask – either medical grade or fabric, as long as it is freshly cleaned or new. VISITORS WITHOUT A MASK CANNOT PROCEED INTO BUILDING. The visitor must put on their mask before entering the lobby pre-screening station and wear it for the entirety of their time in the building (or /if outdoor visits, until they depart).
- The visitor must complete the pre-screening process for entry. The following are symptoms that would deem visitors inadmissible as the health of all residents & essential staff are a top priority:
Fever Chills Cough
Shortness of breath Runny Nose Sore Throat
Loss of Smell or Taste Headache Fatigue
Diarrhea Loss of Appetite Nausea and Vomiting
Exposure to someone with a suspected positive COVID-19 case
Anyone who has been traveling outside of Canada
Your temperature will be taken and recorded, and Designated Visitor will sign in, noting time. If any symptoms are present, the visit must be cancelled. If you are not well, please call in advance to notify us, and do not come for the visit. We will reschedule, as the health of all residents & essential staff are a top priority:
- The visitor will perform hand sanitizing before and after the visit, as well as if he or she touches their face during the visit. Sanitizer will be provided.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres will be observed at all times.
- No physical contact can be made between the resident and the visitor.
- Visitation Stations furnishings will be positioned with mandated 2 metre social distancing in place; seating across the table from the resident is to be maintained during entirety of visit.
- No food items are permitted.
- Any gifts will be subject to sanitization prior to presentation to the resident.
- A RCC staff member will be present at all times.
- Smile with your eyes and enjoy your visit! Welcome!
Non-compliance of any of the above will result in stoppage or cancellation of visit. Visits may be cancelled due to operational concerns or if an outbreak of any kind is declared.
Enhanced sanitizing of furnishings and high touch points will occur between scheduled visits to ensure the health & safety of residents & designated visitor. *Resident care includes temperature check & hand sanitize pre and post visits by RCC team.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. We are looking forward to seeing you all again!
Marivic Tamo | Recreation Aide