Monterey Seniors Village – July 5, 2020
As we reported on Thursday of this week, a single case of COVID-19 has been confirmed involving a staff member at Monterey Seniors Village. That staff member remains home, in self-isolation and at this time exhibiting no symptoms.
Swabs of all first-floor residents were taken, along with one second floor resident who was not feeling well – and lab results have all come back negative.
We will continue monitoring all residents closely and should anyone be symptomatic, they will be swabbed, placed in isolation as a precaution until lab results are known, and their families will be informed.
We are adhering to a number of strict protocols, including the following:
- No staff member works in multiple facilities
- Staff work strictly within an assigned unit, and not multiple units
- Staff remove outside clothing and footwear before entering the premises
- Staff are temperature screened upon entrance to the building, and midway through their shift
- Social distancing occurs among residents in each facility
- There is appropriate application and removal of personal protective equipment (PPE), and use of individual slings (cloth component of a personal lift)
- Ongoing environmental cleaning and increased frequency of high touch surfaces in order to break the chain of infection
- Staff and residents are committed to regular/proper hand hygiene to break the chain of infection, by washing their hands with soap and water and applying hand sanitizer
- Visitations will be cancelled for all residents of the lower floor, but will take place outside for residents of all other floors
- Virtual visits so helpful to residents and families will continue
- We will continue to act upon the latest advice of public health officials and adapt our operations as necessary and recommended, to reduce the risk of infection and transmission as much as possible
We will be communicating with all families via email on a daily basis, or as the situation changes.
Should the condition of any resident change, their family will be notified immediately.
We wish to thank staff, residents and families for their cooperation and understanding.