Hello White Rock Seniors Village RC Families June 26 2020
White Rock Seniors Village remain COVID-19 free. As we are well into June and it is officially summer, we are waiting for the weather to catch up to the date.
Here is a staffing update: We have been having some help from the Fraser Health Authority to give our 3rd floor nurses a break from their 12-hour shifts. Gurpreet and Jennifer have joined our team temporarily. We also have Megan, a care aide that is helping out the 3rd floor day staff.
We have had some congestion at the front of our building with loved ones visiting the residents whose rooms look out to Buena Vista. Please be advised that we cannot have more than two people out front visiting the residents. We need to not only think of the safety of the residents and staff, but also of your safety. The restrictions to visitations still stands, this is a direct order from Dr. Bonnie Henry. Please connect with Jessica, she can arrange visits and face time.
We continue to follow all of the protocols and procedures due to Covid-19. Here is an update as to what is covered monthly:
- Passive, Active, Staff and Resident daily screening for Covid-19 type symptoms twice a day
- Self-monitoring of staff continues, and they are instructed not to come to work if demonstrating the smallest signs or symptoms of a cold.
- Hand Hygiene is being monitored on a weekly basis by Nancy and ensuring the correct technique is being followed.
- Personal Protective Equipment – we have been monitoring appropriate use every week.
- Donning and Doffing, the practice of putting on and taking off the personal protective equipment, we have been reviewing this on a monthly basis.
- Social-Distancing continues to be practiced.
- Cleaning and disinfection, is a daily activity that all staff members, including management partake in.
- Cohort Staff, we have ensured that most staff are working on one floor only.
- We continue to follow the guidelines from the health authority and restrict visitors to essential services only.
- Social Activities and Outside Appointments – Medical appointments are allowed however, the resident will be isolated to their room upon return for 24 hours.
- Safe Work Procedures are being maintained and evaluated and Risk Control is evaluated every week.
- We continue to work with WorkSafe to ensure through their auditing process that we are meeting all safety standards.
As always, stay safe, stay healthy, wash your hands often and stay informed.
From Nancy and The White Rock Seniors Village Team