April 30 2021
Hello friends and families of our Long term care residents and Independent Living residents at White Rock Seniors Village
With current restrictions from the Provincial Health Officer, we expect that family members living outside of the Fraser Health and Vancouver Health regions will have to utilize phone calls or virtual visits to connect with their loved ones. (Essential visits will still be allowed)
These restrictions will be in place until after the May long weekend.
Let’s all work collectively to do our part to end this battle and win back our freedom from COVID-19
1st and 2nd dose Covid-19 vaccines can be booked on FHA portal or by phone for all eligible people.
- Our IL residents will receive their 2nd dose vaccines in the first week of July which is 4 months after the 1st
- FHA will not give our essential visitors the 2nd dose at WRSV but you can book it yourself about 2 weeks before your due date. If the website is down, people have been successful booking by phone.
Register online: www.getvaccinated.gov.bc.ca
- Register by telephone: 1-833-838-2323 (toll free)
To book your visits please call us at 604-541-4663 ext 215 or
- Do not book appointments to see your loved ones if you or anyone in your household has been exposed to COVID-19 or been asked to isolate
- Cancel any appointments booked if you are feeling unwell
To limit exposure when having an in suite visit, please do not engage in conversation with any other residents or staff on the floor
Tips for pleasant visiting
- If your family member is in a wheelchair, they should remain in this wheelchair for their outing. There are some beautiful walks and parks very near to our home just off of Buena Vista if you were to walk west.
- If the beach promenade is your destination, make sure you book a wheelchair taxi in advance if necessary
- Keep your mask on and wash hands often
- If you take your family member out, please be very mindful of providing a safe and COVID Free environment to ensure they remain safe during the visit and after they return.
In suite visits:
- Sanitize all surfaces that you have touched before leaving your loved ones rooms
- Follow the written instructions that will be given to you as you enter through our screening door.
- For long term care, you will be escorted directly to your loved ones room and escorted out when your visit is over. Please call 604-541-4663 ext 215 to have one of our screeners escort you out.
- For Independent living, you may leave via the nearest exit once your visit is over. You do not need to sign out.
Appointments for long term care are available at 9:00 and 10:00 am and 1:00, 2:00 and 3:00 pm 7 days a week.
For independent living, appointments can be made anytime between 9:00 and 4:00 pm. Outside visits can be arranged directly with your family member.
All deliveries should be made through our screening door which is just north of the entrance at
1183 Maple Street
Thank you all for your understanding!
The White Rock Seniors Village Team