From us all at Summerland Seniors Village we wish you Blessings, Happiness and Health for 2021.
Weekly Family Update for Summerland Seniors Village
Thursday, December 31st / 2020
Due to the recent Medical Health Officers orders and increasing Covid cases in the Province the following Rules are being clamped down on and implemented in the RECREATION face to face visits, window visits and FaceTime calls:
- We will allow for one designated family member/tenant or resident to visit during face to face visits for 30 minutes. This person cannot change week to week.
- There will only be one 30 minute visit/tenant or resident allowed/day. This applies regardless of your type of visit. For example is you book a window visit at 10:00 am, your other family members cannot book a face to face or a Facetime call for that same day at another time.
- Window visits may have more than one family member visit with your loved one at a time. Window visits are for 30 minutes.
- FaceTime calls have no limitations and are for 30 minutes/call.
As per the rules listed above only one designated family member may visit face to face. Please discuss as a family who that might be. To book a visit please EMAIL me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the designated visitor for face to face visits can NOT change day to day or week to week.
Remember we are doing our due diligence to keep your loved ones safe. We know this is not ideal but we at Summerland Seniors village are committed to keeping Covid out of the building.
Jane Berrisford Recreation Manager
**Please note recreation does not coordinate essential visitor visits. Please contact GM, Christy Baker at email@example.com for assistance with essential visits.
- There is some confusion about what an “essential visitor” is – An essential visitor must be screened and meet the criteria from the medical health officer to be deemed as “essential”. Further to this, there must be a letter from the MRP (Physician) in support of the essential visitor and why this visitor is deemed essential. If neither of these things are in place, this means you are not considered an essential visitor and will not be granted access at this time as an essential visitor. All non-essential face to face visits remain scheduled through the Recreation Department @250-404-4311 or e-mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Essential visitors in LTC are still required to schedule their visits via the receptionist – a copy of the schedule is given to the greeters every day. Spots are limited and as an essential visitor you are permitted 3 visits per week at one hour each
- Essential visitors cannot randomly change between family members. At this time, all essential visitors are limited to the same visitor each time unless otherwise reviewed with Management in clinical or AL Clinical lead.
- The MHO has indicated that recent order will be re-evaluated on January the 8th. Please see the link below for the most up to date information on the expectations under the most recent order