To Our Extended Family,
There continues to be no signs or symptoms of COVID-19 in any of our residents/tenants or staff here at Stanford Seniors Village, and for that we are very grateful. Should the status of our Community change in any respect, please know that we will immediately contact families.
The new guidance surrounding social visitation in Assisted Living and Long Term Care has been going really well. We are so happy to see families and friends come together again. It’s lovely to see many faces and lots of smiles.
Just a friendly reminder, when visiting please remain in your loved ones room/suite and not visit in other common areas of the community.
All social visits do need to be booked in advance, to schedule a visit with your loved one in care, please call 250-951-0811 x 1133 between 9:00am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
To schedule a visit with your loved one in Assisted Living residents, please contact Natalie at 250-951-0811 x 1101.
New Visitation Guidelines:
Dr. Bonnie Henry, Provincial Health Minister delivered an update with province wide changes to visitor guidelines in Long Term Care and Assisted Living Communities effective April 1st 2021.
- The number of visitors has been expanded, allowing up to two visitors, plus a child (defined as 18 or younger) at any one time.
- Visits are scheduled in one hour blocks and must be booked in advance.
- The number of visits per day in the community will be designed to continue to meet operational health and safety requirements in keeping with the sanitization and screening guidelines.
- Visits will be made in the residents room, a designated visiting space or on outings with no requirements for isolation afterwards.
- Physical contact – including hugging – will be allowed, provided visitors wear a mask and follow proper infection control procedures (e.g. hand hygiene and cough etiquette)
- Once the visitor is in the residents space they are asked to keep their mask on and are asked to frequently perform hand hygiene.
- Visitors will be asked to only visit with one resident at a time, and not to participate in group activities and visit with other residents.
- At this time pets will only be allowed to visit in the designated visiting area and not in the residents suite.
- Please consider limiting your visits to one care home per day to ensure limited cross contamination.
- Regular screening of residents and visitors for signs of illness will continue to be performed. If there are any concerns in regards to COVID-19 symptoms the visitor may not be permitted.
Visitation Friendly Reminders:
- All visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of illness, including COVID-19, prior to every visit. We ask families and friends to self-screen prior to your scheduled visit for any signs or symptoms of illness. If you are feeling unwell we ask you to please reschedule your visit.
- Visitors must bring a medical grade mask, and wear the mask for the duration of the visit.
- On arrival visitors will receive guidance on the visiting process, and we ask that you follow all the BCCDC and Health Authority guidelines.
- Visits will be booked for 60 minutes segments.
During the visit, we ask that you remain in your loved ones room and not move around the community, visit in the courtyards, dining areas or other common spaces.
Visits will only be allowed if there are no active COVID-19 outbreak at our Community.
Dropping items off:
All deliveries will be received at the front desk between 7:00am – 5:00pm. This includes groceries, medications, and gifts. All items will be sanitized and delivered directly to the resident’s suites.
We would ask that families please follow these guidelines to ensure your parent or loved one to get their deliveries in a timely manner:
- Please use plastic bags, no reusable bags.
- Make sure to label all bags with resident’s full name and room number.
- Try to limit drop offs to essential items. There are days when staff are overwhelmed trying to keep up.
- Please sanitize, if possible, the items before dropping off. We will re-sanitize as well to be safe.
Reminders for your loved one to Stay Safe
Again, the following four points are so critical to discuss with your loved ones. Please help us by reminding each resident daily of the following four items:
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart.)
- Perform proper Hand Hygiene (Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds with the alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and hot water) 20 second or greater is so important.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- If exhibiting any symptoms (fever, cough and difficulty breathing). Please alert staff immediately.
A big thank you to everyone for working so hard to keep Stanford safe and healthy, as well as for the kindness, understanding and support that has been shown.
A little joke to help brighten the day!
What do you call a herd of sheep tumbling down the hill?
The Stanford Seniors Village Team