Hello family & friends of Rosemary Heights!
We are relieved to tell you that there are no current cases of COVID-19 in our residents or staff here at Rosemary Heights Seniors Village.
This week RHSV residents and staff have been busy preparing for the holiday season! Decorations are hung and lights are twinkling throughout the hallways and rooms of Rosemary Heights. Residents have been encouraged to participate in the joy of decorating, helping the staff with setting up Christmas trees on each floor and we have seen some fantastic door décor displayed by our tenants (see pics below-love the décor on the walker). If any resident/family would like help sprucing up their door, please let us know & we will be happy to help. It’s great to smiles on many of the residents faces as they pitched in to help, and it is apparent now more than ever that we all need a little holiday cheer in these difficult times.
|We are trusting that you and your families are following the Provincial Health order in a cumulative effort to flatten the curve. Until January 8, 2021, as per the PHO, residents should only be leaving the building for essential medical appointments/services only not on any social visits-sadly this means Christmas time too. The province has extended a ban on all social gatherings and events, including in homes, until Jan. 8, 2021 continuing existing restrictions throughout the Christmas season. Provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry said that means there can be no extended family coming over for dinner.
NEW ORDERS: As I am sure most of you have seen Dr. Bonnie Henry’s message that until Jan 8, 2021 she wants all of us to limit people we see and stay in our bubbles. With that in mind, please know that for right now we are asking you to not visit if you are out of province to ensure we keep our residents safe. We are hoping that you can understand that in order for us to be able to do this, we need your cooperation.
At this time, based on the recent orders and news delivered by Fraser Health authority, residents will be required to isolate for 14 days if they go for a visit over the holidays or to Christmas dinner at your homes. We will respect your decision on what is best for you, your family and your loved ones. Please note this is NOT our decision, this is an order on behalf of Fraser Health Authority, the Province & Medical Officer. We are very aware that this is not the news that many of us had wanted to hear however we will support you & your family’s decisions and even though we are saddened to hear this, we must abide by this order to ensure we are doing our part to keep everyone safe. We are also very aware of the impact & affect these past number of months has had on many of our residents (& your family & our own staff) and for that we encourage you to keep positive, have daily reminders of what to be grateful for and remember to reflect on the important things around us. We know the emotional toll the recent renewal of COVID-19 restrictions will have on families, especially during the holiday season, which we have always spent with our loved ones, but we need to remember to stay as safe as possible. Unfortunately, this is the reality we are living in, and our hearts go out to everyone affected. We have to strive to make due with our current situation.
We continue to ensure ongoing deep cleaning and sanitization of the entire community, with housekeeping staff in all areas of the building, and enhanced cleaning in high touch areas. We will continue to act upon the latest advice of public health officials and adapt our operations as necessary and recommended, to reduce the risk of infection and transmission as much as possible.
Recreation (message from the team)
If you would like to send cards, letters, pictures photos and notes, we would be happy to deliver to your loved one. Hearing from family or friends right now would definitely bring a smile and warm hearts. Please see the attachment on this email for another fun idea to share with your family to your loved one here.
The Recreation team of Elves & with help from our residents, have transformed our home into a festive wonderland. The building is festive with Christmas spirit and I know for myself, we can really use this boost. The Rec staff continue to conducting 1:1 visits and small group activities. This could look like walking indoors or outdoors (weather dependent), reading, discussing news, trivia, puzzles, tea/coffee social, crafts, card games etc. They are also going room-to-room while using appropriate PPE to check on the residents and to drop off activities to keep resident minds sharp. Again, please remind and motivate your loved ones to participate in these different activities.
We will continue to offer scheduled video calls for those families who live out of town or are unable to come in for any reason. Please connect with Jaylene Smillie in our recreation department by emailing email@example.com or by calling 778-545-5000 ext. 1007
In person visits
We will will be hosting a few in person visits on Dec 25 and a full day of visiting on Dec 26th. These visits will be first come first serve. We are closed to in person visits on Dec 23rd & Dec 24th
Designated Visitor schedules will now be accepted in our designated meeting areas. There is no change in Mandate of number of visitors (one only) as per Health Authority – protocols remain as is:
- Each tenant and/or resident will be allotted one assigned family member for their visitations. *Update* Per FHA Infection, prevention control committee; pets are not permitted to be in attendance during these visits. *
- Our priority is protecting the residents/tenants. Family/social visits are limited to a maximum of one designated family member or friend at a time (we are not permitted to have alternative visitors per the Provincial Health Officers).
- Please note that all visitors are now required to wear a medical mask when coming to Rosemary Heights and/or to visit their loved one. Cloth masks are no longer acceptable.
- To request visit times/dates email this address firstname.lastname@example.org for visitation. Please include your name, contact telephone number, and name of resident your email. Allow 48-72 hours for reply. Keep in mind that we will initially hold monthly visits only in order to accommodate everyone and it will be first come first serve.
- Please arrive a maximum of 5 minutes before visitation appointment to complete pre-screening requirements
- All visits will be held indoors now that the Fall/Winter weather may be unpredictable.
- Visits will be 30 minutes and will not be able to accommodate extended times. Please adhere to social distancing and sanitization protocol at all times. * No food or drink are permitted during these visits*.
- AND PLEASE NOTE: Should the community have any type of outbreak, visits will cease immediately
Deliveries and Drop-offs:
Please ensure all your loved one’s holiday deliveries are done before or on Dec 24th before 2pm, as there will be no deliveries on Dec 25th and will resume Dec 26th**
Monday-Friday 10am-2pm, and Saturday 1-3pm only, closed to all Sunday deliveries:
- Please use plastic bags, no reusable bags.
- Make sure to label all bags with resident name and room number. No heavy deliveries
- Try to limit drop offs to essential items – as we are inundated with drop-offs.
Please do not drop off items after hours, we do not have staff to be able to accept it and may be left outside until the designated time listed, if you do, you will be taking your chances & we will not be responsible for anything that is left after hours.
“The holiday season is the perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek ways to make life better for those around us”
We are all truly grateful to those of you doing everything you can to keep yourself and everyone here at Rosemary Heights safe.
We also wish to acknowledge our entire leadership and front-line team for their untiring efforts and support to ensure the safety of your loved ones.
Take care, and let’s take care of each other.
Stay Safe, stay calm, & stay kind.
– Your team at Rosemary Heights Seniors Village (RHSV)