We hope you are all staying safe and healthy!
NO RESIDENTS or STAFF are presenting COVID-19 signs or symptoms at Rosemary Heights Seniors Village. Should the status of Rosemary Heights Seniors Village change in any respect, please know that we will immediately contact families.
With Mother’s Day approaching next week (Sunday May 10), we wanted to you all to know any Mother’s Day gifts/deliveries will need to take place on the Saturday beforehand up to 3pm (Saturday May 9, 2020). We will not be able to do any deliveries on Sundays.
We know that staying away from your loved one is very difficult and we appreciate that you are cooperating with this request with the goal of keeping our residents and staff healthy. Some of the measures may seem extreme to some however, it is what will keep your loved one safe & healthy. Family visits to the site cannot happen right now, your loved one cannot come home to stay with you for a few days. The team has been working very hard to ensure we keep this virus at bay and any of these types of visits is a prime opportunity for it to possibly slip in & as you know, what will follow.
We are following the direction of our public health officials to the letter and have full infection prevention and control precautions in place. Staff continue to monitor residents closely and are ensuring the following protocols are being adhered to:
• restricting ALL visitors from the premises (with exceptions for palliative visits)
• ensuring no staff member is working in multiple facilities
• staff are working strictly within an assigned unit and not multiple units
• staff are screened for their temperature upon entrance to the building, and midway through their shift
• social distancing is occurring among residents in each facility, including during mealtimes
• appropriate application and removal of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the use of individual slings (cloth component of a personal lift).
• ensuring ongoing, environmental cleaning and increased frequency of high touch surfaces in order to break the chain of infection
• staff and residents are committed to regular/proper hand hygiene to break the chain of infection, by washing their hands with soap and water and applying hand sanitizer.
We are using FaceTime and Skype to connect families. Please, we encourage you to sign up, if this is something you would like to do, please reach out to Jaylene, our Recreation Manager, by e-mail at email@example.com or call her at (778) 545-5000 ext 1007 to set up a schedule. She will be happy to confirm a date and time to connect you with your loved-one.
Our staff will continue to provide care and services to our residents to enhance their safety and well-being while maintaining routines where it is safe to do so. We will keep you up-to-date on any changes related to your family member’s health status.
Deliveries and Drop-offs:
All deliveries will be received at the front entrance. This includes groceries, medications, gifts. All will be sanitized and delivered directly to the resident’s suites.
Dropping items off: We would ask that families please follow these guidelines as I am sure you want your parent or loved one to get their deliveries in a timely manner. We are not able to make deliveries after these posted times.
Just a reminder dropping off items; Monday-Friday 10am-2pm, and Saturday 1-3pm only, closed to all Sunday deliveries:
1. Please use plastic bags, no reusable bags.
2. Make sure to label all bags with resident name and room number.
3. Try to limit drop offs to essential items – as we are inundated with drop-offs.
4. Please sanitize, if possible, the items before dropping off. We will re-sanitize as well to be safe.
Reminders for your loved one to Stay Safe:
Again, the following four points are so critical to discuss with your loved ones. Please help us by reminding each resident daily of the following four items:
1. Practice social distancing (6 feet apart)
2. Perform proper Hand Hygiene (Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds with the alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and hot water) 20 second or greater is so important.
3. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
4. If exhibiting any symptoms (fever, cough and difficulty breathing) please alert staff immediately.
This journey has been challenging for all involved including family members. We are well aware and recognize these are not easy times. I also want to thank every for all your support and kind words of encouragement. It has meant a lot to everyone at Rosemary Heights Seniors Village.
Staff working for us have committed to only working at our community. We are grateful for their loyalty to support our operations at Rosemary Heights Seniors Village.
It should be added, we are here, if you need to contact us, I strongly encourage you to do so. We will have the appropriate staff member reply to your inquiry.
Thanks again for your continued support!
Your Rosemary Heights Seniors Village Team