Once again, we are happy and thankful to report NO RESIDENTS or staff are presenting COVID-19 signs or symptoms at Rosemary Heights Seniors Village.
The first week of social visits has gone so well. It’s lovely to see so many smiles and to see family and friends once again. We have all missed you.
Please provide any feedback/suggestions regarding the visits directly to Maggie at firstname.lastname@example.org
The visitation process, please note the key requirements:
- Each tenant and/or resident will be allotted one assigned family member for their visitations. We will be ensuring everyone that lives here has an opportunity to have a visit before we schedule follow up visits.
- To request visit times/dates email this address email@example.com with requested date(s) for visitation and allow 72 hours for reply. Keep in mind that we will initially hold monthly visits only in order to accommodate everyone. We will honor requests on a “first come, first served” basis. Please include your name, contact telephone number, and name of resident your email.
- Our priority is protecting the residents/tenants. Family/social visits are limited to a maximum of one designated family member or friend at a time (we are not permitted to have alternative visitors per the Provincial Health Officers). We hope to expand this process over time, but that decision will be guided by the provincial Health Officers.
- Social Visits must be booked in advance to allow us to safely proceed and accommodate scheduled visitors.
- To ensure that all families get an opportunity to visit their loved ones, there will be no re-occurring on site visits at this time.
- We ask families and friends to self-screen prior to your scheduled visit for any signs or symptoms of illness. If you are feeling unwell we ask you to please reschedule your visit.
- All visitors will be required to bring a mask and wear for the duration of the visit
- Please arrive a maximum of 5 minutes before visitation appointment to complete pre-screening requirements
- Outside visits will be held “weather permitting”. They may be changed to an indoor visit if we have enough staff and space to accommodate.
- Visits will be 30 minutes and will not be able to accommodate extended times. Please adhere to social distancing and sanitization protocol at all times. Do not bring items for your loved one to your visit.
- We ask that our resident/tenant families give your best effort in reducing community outings 14 days prior to your scheduled visit.
- AND PLEASE NOTE: Should the community have any type of outbreak, visits will cease immediately
Guidelines for our Independent and Assisted Living Residents when leaving the building (family members YOU too must ensure you are doing your part when out with your IL/AL loved one):
- Resident must be able to sign out at the front desk and note where you will be going and for how long.
- You MUST wear a mask when outside the community and in public space.
- Limit outing to one place.
- Try to limit outing to 1 hour or less.
- Follow social distancing guideline – 6 feet apart or wear a mask at all times.
- Do not leave for a social outing if you are not feeling well.
- Avoid any large gatherings or get together.
Public health guidelines stipulate tenants (residents) must follow general public health guidance.
We appreciate that these restrictions can lead to increased loneliness and anxiety, and while we will continue to maintain social distancing, please know we are preparing activities to ensure residents can have fun, exercise, and socialize with each other in our community. Bingo, brain games, active games, arts and crafts, table games and small walking groups are some of the activities we are excited to introduce. Physical distancing and sanitization will be in place during all programs.
Of course, with the weather getting warmer, we are also ensuring residents are getting outside in the courtyards for some fresh air and exercise.
We are continuing to follow the direction of our public health officials and have infection prevention and control precautions in place.
- No visitor restrictions are still in place
- Ensuring no staff member is working in multiple designated healthcare facilities
- Staff are screened for symptoms and have temperature checked upon entrance to the building
- Residents are regularly checked for symptoms
- Physical distancing is being promoted and re-enforced among residents, including during mealtimes
- Appropriate application and removal of personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfecting of equipment
- Enhanced environmental cleaning and increased frequency of disinfecting high touch surfaces
- Regular hand hygiene with increased audits
Please note; we will be sending the update every Monday, and we welcome you to share this with all your other family members and can also be viewed at: https://www.retirementconcepts.com/covid-19-updates
We are encouraging family members and loved ones to still connect with your family member via telephone call, or FACETIME or SKYPE. Please reach out to Jaylene, our Recreation Manager, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (778) 545-5000 ext 1007 to set up a schedule.
We continue to ask everyone to be respectful of this measure as it is for resident and staff safety. At NO time is visiting in our main door way or outside an option. Even if physical distancing and PPE is used. The Public Health Officer in BC is stating we still need to have these measures in place.
You will be asked to leave immediately if these precautionary measures are not followed. Thank you for your understanding and helping put your family members and our staff’s health and safety first.
Deliveries and Drop-offs:
All deliveries will be sanitized and delivered directly to the resident’s suites. Delivery times are below
Monday-Friday 10am-2pm, and Saturday 1-3pm only, closed to all Sunday deliveries:
- Please use plastic bags, no reusable bags.
- Make sure to label all bags with resident name and room number. No heavy deliveries
- Try to limit drop offs to essential items – as we are inundated with drop-offs.
Please do not drop off items after hours, we do not have staff to be able to accept it and may be left outside until the designated time listed, if you do, you will be taking your chances & we will not be responsible for anything that is left after hours.
Reminders for your loved one to Stay Safe:
Again, the following four points are so critical to discuss with your loved ones. Please help us by reminding each resident daily of the following four items:
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart)
- Perform proper Hand Hygiene (Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds with the alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and hot water) 20 second or greater is so important.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- If exhibiting any symptoms (fever, cough and difficulty breathing) please alert staff immediately.
Stay Safe, stay calm, & stay kind,
– Your team at Rosemary Heights Seniors Village (RHSV)