Once again, we are happy and thankful to report NO RESIDENTS or staff are presenting COVID-19 signs or symptoms at Rosemary Heights Seniors Village.
Please provide any feedback/suggestions regarding the visits directly to Maggie Amirani, GM at email@example.com
These visits are physically distanced and there can be no touching or close contact of any kind for the safety of our residents. Staff will facilitate each visit and be present for the duration of your visit which will be 30 minutes in length, and staff will also sanitize the space thoroughly after each visit. It should be noted, that if you cannot abide by the protocols of the in person visits (see below) this may result in your visits being cancelled and/or terminated indefinitely.
We will continue to offer scheduled video calls for those families who live out of town or are unable to come in for any reason. Please connect with Jaylene Smillie in our recreation department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 778-545-5000 ext. 1007
Designated Visitor schedules are working smoothly in our designated meeting areas. There is no change in Mandate of number of visitors as per Health Authority – protocols remain as is:
- Each tenant and/or resident will be allotted one assigned family member for their visitations.
- To request visit times/dates email this address email@example.com with requested date(s) for visitation and allow 48-72 hours for reply. Keep in mind that we will initially hold monthly visits only in order to accommodate everyone. We will honor requests on a “first come, first served” basis. Please include your name, contact telephone number, and name of resident your email.
- Our priority is protecting the residents/tenants. Family/social visits are limited to a maximum of one designated family member or friend at a time (we are not permitted to have alternative visitors per the Provincial Health Officers).
- We ask families and friends to self-screen prior to your scheduled visit for any signs or symptoms of illness. If you are feeling unwell we ask you to please reschedule your visit.
- All visitors will be required to bring a mask and wear for the duration of the visit
- Please arrive a maximum of 5 minutes before visitation appointment to complete pre-screening requirements
- Outside visits will be held “weather permitting”. They may be changed to an indoor visit if we have enough staff and space to accommodate.
- Visits will be 30 minutes and will not be able to accommodate extended times. Please adhere to social distancing and sanitization protocol at all times. Do not bring items for your loved one to your visit.
- AND PLEASE NOTE: Should the community have any type of outbreak, visits will cease immediately
We are continuing to follow the direction of our public health officials and have infection prevention and control precautions in place.
- No visitor restrictions are still in place
- Ensuring no staff member is working in multiple designated healthcare facilities
- Staff are screened for symptoms and have temperature checked upon entrance to the building
- Residents are regularly checked for symptoms
- Physical distancing is being promoted and re-enforced among residents, including during mealtimes
- Appropriate application and removal of personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfecting of equipment
- Enhanced environmental cleaning and increased frequency of disinfecting high touch surfaces
- Regular hand hygiene with increased audits
Deliveries and Drop-offs:
All deliveries will be sanitized and delivered directly to the resident’s suites. Delivery times are below
Monday-Friday 10am-2pm, and Saturday 1-3pm only, closed to all Sunday deliveries:
- Please use plastic bags, no reusable bags.
- Make sure to label all bags with resident name and room number. No heavy deliveries
- Try to limit drop offs to essential items – as we are inundated with drop-offs.
Please do not drop off items after hours, we do not have staff to be able to accept it and may be left outside until the designated time listed, if you do, you will be taking your chances & we will not be responsible for anything that is left after hours.
Reminders for your loved one to Stay Safe:
Again, the following four points are so critical to discuss with your loved ones. Please help us by reminding each resident daily of the following four items:
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart)
- Perform proper Hand Hygiene (Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds with the alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and hot water) 20 second or greater is so important.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- If exhibiting any symptoms (fever, cough and difficulty breathing) please alert staff immediately.
Stay Safe, stay calm, & stay kind,
– Your team at Rosemary Heights Seniors Village (RHSV)