We hope you are all staying safe and healthy!
We are happy to again report that NO RESIDENTS or staff are presenting COVID-19 signs or symptoms at Renfrew care centre. However, we recognize that this is an anxious time for you and your families, and we hope that by sending out these bi-weekly updates, we can provide some reassurance to you on the care of your loved-one.
Should the status of this community change in any respect, please know that we will immediately contact families.
We are continuing to follow the direction of our public health officials to the letter, and have full infection prevention and control precautions in place. Staff continue to monitor residents closely and are ensuring the following protocols are being adhered to:
• restricting ALL visitors from the premises
• ensuring no staff member is working in multiple facilities
• staff are working strictly within an assigned unit and not multiple units
• staff are removing outside clothing and footwear before entering the premises
• staff are screened for their temperature upon entrance to the building, and midway through their shift
• social distancing is occurring among residents in each facility, including during mealtimes
• appropriate application and removal of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the use of individual slings (cloth component of a personal lift).
• ensuring ongoing, environmental cleaning and increased frequency of high touch surfaces in order to break the chain of infection
• staff and residents are committed to regular/proper hand hygiene to break the chain of infection, by washing their hands with soap and water and applying hand sanitizer.
The Recreation staff are facilitating 1:1 activities with residents while using physical distancing practices or appropriate protective equipment, as required. The Recreation staff are also going room-to-room each day to check on each resident and to drop off activities to keep resident minds sharp. Again, please remind and motivate your loved ones to participate in these different activities. To the extent staff are able to facilitate Facetime and Zoom video calls for residents they are doing so, amidst their other duties. Please reach out to Deborah Mitchell by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Marivic at 604-216-2333 to set up a schedule. We will be happy to confirm a date and time to connect you with your loved-one.
If Required and approved by General Manager:
This includes required medical equipment, medications or legal documents. All items are to be delivered to the front desk. All will be sanitized and delivered directly to the resident’s suites.
Dropping items off: We would ask that families please follow these guidelines as I am sure you want your parent or loved one to get their deliveries in a timely manner.
1. Please use plastic bags, no reusable bags
2. Make sure to label all bags with resident name and room number.
3. Please sanitize, if possible, the items before dropping off. We will re-sanitize as well to be safe
Reminders for your loved one to Stay Safe:
Again, the following four points are so critical to discuss with your loved ones. Please help us by reminding each resident daily of the following four items:
1. Practice social distancing (6 feet apart)
2. Perform proper Hand Hygiene (Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds with the alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and hot water) 20 second or greater is so important.
3. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
4. If exhibiting any symptoms (fever, cough and difficulty breathing) please alert staff immediately.
We want to thank everyone for their cooperation and patience during this difficult period.