There is no change in status today, only one staff has tested positive with no new cases.
All residents and staff in our Safe Living Unit on the 2nd floor have been tested for COVID-19 and we are waiting for the results to come back.
Until otherwise advised by the Medical Officer of Health (MOH) and the Alberta Health Services (AHS) Outbreak Management team, we remain on outbreak status. We continue to operate under our outbreak protocols, monitor any possible risk of transmission of the virus within our community very closely, and regularly meet and work with the MOH and the AHS Outbreak Management team to ensure full compliance with all applicable health and safety measures.
To ensure we are making every effort to prevent any spread of the virus, the following precautions remain in place:
- Staff and resident movement between floors is restricted. Residents’ meals will be restricted to their floor in the Building. Staff will use a separate entrance/exit and be screened per health and safety requirements including before every shift and during working hours.
- Residents are being screened twice daily to ensure early detection of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Neighborhood huddles, meetings held between each local department, are occurring twice per shift. The huddle’s focus is to be proactive in identifying signs and symptoms and ensuring resident care needs are being met.
- If any residents or staff display COVID related symptoms, they will receive immediate attention. The resident will be put on contact and droplet isolation. A swab will be taken, and the resident’s family will be notified.
- All group recreation activities are discontinued, and alternative approaches for engaging and socializing residents to support their well-being are being used such as one on one time with recreation staff, puzzles, art, distanced socialization with masks etc.
- Community outings with residents are strongly discouraged at this time.
- As per Dr. Hinshaw’s recommendations, residents may only visit with individuals identified as the essential family/support persons at this time.
An essential family/support person is defined as:
- The resident’s decision maker (agent), a family member, friend or companion.
- Visits where the resident’s quality of life and/or care needs cannot be met without the essential visitor’s assistance.
- The essential visitor may enter and can approve an alternate essential visitor with up to three visitors on the list, so long as only up to two visitors enter the facility at a time and must remain in the resident’s room.
Please call the reception at 403-207-2929 to book your essential visit.
- Staff continue to practice physical distancing and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with the guidance of AHS and the MOH. As an added precaution, we have provided all staff with eye protection or a face shield to wear with their surgical/medical mask.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures are regularly being performed to prevent the potential spread are in place such as frequent garbage disposal, Sanitizing of all equipment, tables and chairs after every use. Cleaning resident room high touch points three times per day, ensuring proper hand hygiene is practised and use of personal protective equipment.
- Staff continue to be screened before every shift and will self-screen during their working hours.
Thank you for all of your support.