Please be advised that we were notified yesterday that there was a positive COVID-19 test result of a staff team member. Due to this positive test result, we have been placed on COVID-19 Outbreak Protocol on the 2nd floor Safe Living Unit only at this time.
We are operating under our outbreak protocols, monitoring the situation very closely, and meeting regularly with the Medical Officer of Health (MOH) and the Alberta Health Services (AHS) Outbreak Management team. To ensure we are doing everything possible to prevent any spread of the virus, the following precautions are in place:
- Staff and resident movement between floors is restricted. Residents will eat on their floor, and staff will use a separate entrance/exit and be screened there.
- Staff will work and eat on their assigned floor.
- All residents are currently not showing any signs of symptoms (asymptomatic).
- Residents are being screened twice daily to ensure early detection of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Neighborhood huddles with the team are occurring twice per shift. The huddle’s focus is to be proactive in identifying signs and symptoms and ensuring resident care needs are being met.
- If any residents or staff display symptoms, they will receive immediate attention. The resident will be put on contact and droplet isolation, a swab will be taken, and the resident’s family will be notified.
- All group recreation activities are discontinued in SLU only, and alternative approaches for engaging and socializing residents to support their well-being are being used.
- Community outings with residents are strongly discouraged at this time.
- Visits can continue, but only with essential family/support persons.
O As per Dr. Hinshaw’s recommendations, residents may only visit with individuals identified as the essential family/support persons at this time.
- Staff continue to practice physical distancing and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with the guidance of AHS and the MOH.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures to prevent the potential spread are in place.
- Staff will continue to be screened before every shift and will self-screen during their working hours.
Thank you for all your support.