Monterey Seniors Village – Daily Update – July 11, 2020
Staff at Monterey Seniors Village are happy to report no change in the status of the Community today.
A staff member who tested positive last week for Covid-19, remains home and in self-isolation and shows no symptoms.
While test results of all first-floor residents came back negative, they continue to be monitored closely and are isolated to the first floor.
As a matter of course, we swab anyone who may have unusual symptoms such as red eyes or a runny nose. We will contact the family of any resident who may be swabbed and also inform them when lab results are known.
We are adhering to a number of strict protocols, including the following:
- No staff member works in multiple facilities.
- Staff work strictly within an assigned unit, and not multiple units.
- Staff remove outside clothing and footwear before entering the premises.
- Staff are temperature screened upon entrance to the building, and midway through their shift.
- Social distancing occurs among residents in each facility.
- There is appropriate application and removal of personal protective equipment (PPE), and use of individual slings (cloth component of a personal lift).
- There is ongoing environmental cleaning and increased frequency of high touch surfaces in order to break the chain of infection.
- Staff and residents are committed to regular/proper hand hygiene to break the chain of infection, by washing their hands with soap and water and applying hand sanitizer.
- Visitations are cancelled for all residents of the lower floor, but will take place outside for residents of all other floors.
- Virtual visits involving residents and families will continue.
- All residents will be monitored, and should anyone be symptomatic, they will be swabbed, placed in isolation as a precaution until lab results are known, and their families will be informed.
- We will continue to act upon the latest advice of public health officials and adapt our operations as necessary and recommended, to reduce the risk of infection and transmission as much as possible.
We communicate with all families via email on a daily basis, or as the situation changes.
- In addition, we have phoned the families of all first-floor residents twice, and the families of all other residence once.
- We post daily updates on the Company website, as well as on Facebook.
- Should the condition of any resident change, their family will be notified immediately.
We wish to thank staff, residents and families for their cooperation and understanding.