There is no change in status today, only one staff has tested positive with no new cases.
We understand this information may seem repetitive, however we want to ensure we communicate daily and that our families have quick and easy access to this information should they need to contact us.We understand it can be a stressful time and we rather communicate too much than not enough.
Until otherwise advised by the Medical Officer of Health (MOH) and the Alberta Health Services (AHS) Outbreak Management team, we remain on outbreak status. We continue to operate under our outbreak protocols, monitor any possible risk of transmission of the virus within our community very closely, and regularly meet and work with the MOH and the AHS Outbreak Management team to ensure full compliance with all applicable health and safety measures.
To ensure we are making every effort to prevent any spread of the virus, the following precautions remain in place:
- Staff and resident movement between floors is restricted. Residents’ meals will be restricted to their floor in the Building. Staff will use a separate entrance/exit and be screened per health and safety requirements including before every shift and during working hours.
- Once a negative result comes back, those asymptomatic residents will NOT be isolated to their rooms and can eat in the dining room with appropriate physical distancing.
O Please note, if we have confirmed cases of the respiratory flu, those residents will be on contact and droplet isolation.
- Residents are being screened twice daily to ensure early detection of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Neighborhood huddles, meetings held between each local department, are occurring twice per shift. The huddle’s focus is to be proactive in identifying signs and symptoms and ensuring resident care needs are being met.
- If any residents or staff display COVID related symptoms, they will receive immediate attention. The resident will be put on contact and droplet isolation. A swab will be taken, and the resident’s family will be notified.
- Community outings with residents are strongly discouraged at this time.
- As per Dr. Hinshaw’s recommendations, residents may only visit with individuals identified as the essential family/support persons at this time.
Please call the reception at 403-207-2929 to book your essential visit.
- Staff continue to practice physical distancing and wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in accordance with the guidance of AHS and the MOH. As an added precaution, we have provided all staff with eye protection or a face shield to wear with their surgical/medical mask.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedures are regularly being performed to prevent the potential spread are in place such as frequent garbage disposal, Sanitizing of all equipment, tables and chairs after every use. Cleaning resident room high touch points three times per day, ensuring proper hand hygiene is practiced and use of personal protective equipment.
- Staff continue to be screened before every shift and will self-screen during their working hours.