We hope everyone had a wonderful Long Weekend! Once again happy to report that No Residents or staff are presenting COVID-19 signs or symptoms at Langley Seniors Village.
Access to Langley Seniors Village
With the recent increase of COVID-19 cases in the lower mainland, it is imperative that we limit the number of visitors into Langley Seniors Village, this is also a directive of the Fraser Health Authority. We ask the following from all residents and family members to help reduce exposure.
- Access to a resident room should be related to a medical reason, to a maximum of 1 visitor at a time.
- This must be pre-approved prior to arrival at the front door.
- If a visit has not been pre-approved we will be unable to accommodate these requests.
Please also keep these guidelines top of mind if your family member is leaving the building.
Guidelines for Independent and Assisted Living Residents when leaving the building:
- Sign out at the front desk and note where you will be going and for how long.
- Please wear a mask when outside the community and in public space.
- Limit outing to one place.
- Try to limit outing to 1 hour or less.
- Follow social distancing guideline – 6 feet apart, especially from anyone not wearing a mask.
- Do not leave for a social outing if you are not feeling well.
- Avoid any large gatherings or get together.
Public health guidelines stipulate tenants (residents) must follow general public health guidance.
Visitation at Langley Seniors Village
To book your visitation time please call the Reception Desk at 604-539-9934 or by emailing:
We continue to follow the direction of our public health officials to the letter and have full infection prevention and control precautions in place. Staff continue to monitor residents closely and are ensuring the following protocols are being adhered to:
- ensuring no staff member is working in multiple facilities
- care staff are removing outside clothing and footwear before entering the premises
- staff are screened for their temperature upon entrance to the building, and midway through their shift
- social distancing is occurring among residents in each community
- appropriate application and removal of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the use of individual slings (cloth component of a personal lift).
- ensuring ongoing, environmental cleaning and increased frequency of high touch surfaces in order to break the chain of infection
- staff and residents are committed to regular/proper hand hygiene to break the chain of infection, by washing their hands with soap and water and applying hand sanitizer.
Daily assessments of the residents continue – including temperature checks and well being.
Dropping Items Off
Just a reminder when dropping off items:
- 10am to 2pm
- Please use plastic bags, no reusable bags.
- Make sure to label all bags with resident name and room number.
- Please limit drop offs to essential items.
Once items are dropped off they are sanitized and delivered to the suites.
Reminders for your loved one to Stay Safe:
Again, the following four points are so critical to discuss with your loved ones. Please help us by reminding each resident daily of the following four items:
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart)
- Perform proper Hand Hygiene (Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds with the alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and hot water) 20 second or greater is so important.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- If exhibiting any symptoms (fever, cough and difficulty breathing) please alert staff immediately.
As always we thank you for your patience and understanding!
Thank You and Stay Healthy!
The Leadership Team at Langley Seniors Village (LSV)