We hope you are all staying safe and healthy!
We are happy to again report that NO RESIDENTS or staff members are presenting COVID-19 signs or symptoms at Langley Seniors Village.
Again, it is encouraging to see the numbers presented daily in British Columbia regarding the COVID-19 situation. Grateful to live in British Columbia as things seem to be consistently getting better.
Should the status of Langley Seniors Village change in any respect, please know that we will immediately contact families.
Lockdown at Langley Seniors Village
I just want to remind everyone that we remain on lockdown at Langley Seniors Village. We continue to ask everyone to be respectful of this measure as it is for resident and staff safety. We are hopeful that some of the restriction will ease in the coming weeks and will look forward to welcoming you back into our community again.
We continue to follow the direction of our public health officials to the letter and have full infection prevention and control precautions in place. Staff continue to monitor residents closely and are ensuring the following protocols are being adhered to:
• restricting ALL visitors from the premises
• ensuring no staff member is working in multiple facilities
• staff are working strictly within an assigned unit and not multiple units
• staff are removing outside clothing and footwear before entering the premises
• staff are screened for their temperature upon entrance to the building, and midway through their shift
• social distancing is occurring among residents in each facility, including during mealtimes
• appropriate application and removal of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the use of individual slings (cloth component of a personal lift).
• ensuring ongoing, environmental cleaning and increased frequency of high touch surfaces in order to break the chain of infection
• staff and residents are committed to regular/proper hand hygiene to break the chain of infection, by washing their hands with soap and water and applying hand sanitizer.
Recreation staff are conducting small group activities by inviting residents to join in while using physical distancing practices. The Recreation staff are also offering activities to keep resident minds sharp. Again, please remind and motivate your loved ones to participate in these different activities.
FaceTime or Skype
We have had a lot of requests to use FaceTime and Skype. From our end, it has gone well, I would welcome feedback from family members. Again, if this is something we feel is important. If this is something you would like to do, please reach out to Celeste by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (604) 539-9934 ext. 1023 to set up a schedule. She will be happy to confirm a date and time to connect you with your loved-one.
Dropping Items Off
Just a reminder dropping off items:
• Please use plastic bags, no reusable bags.
• Make sure to label all bags with resident name and room number.
• Try to limit drop offs to essential items. There are days when staff are overwhelmed trying to keep up.
We continue to have a good inventory within our General Store. However, we now have to limit the requests we are receiving. It has become unmanageable trying to fill every single item that has been requested. Most common items requested by residents are stock.
Last Wednesday, April 22 (not yesterday Wed. April 29th as stated in the previous email), is when we expanded our dinner offerings to two options for residents to choose from for their evening dinner meals. When staff deliver lunch to each suite they also ask the resident which option they would like for dinner.
Deliveries and Drop-offs:
All deliveries will be received at the front desk. This includes groceries, medications, gifts. All will be sanitized and delivered directly to the resident’s suites.
Reminders for your loved one to Stay Safe:
Again, the following four points are so critical to discuss with your loved ones. Please help us by reminding each resident daily of the following four items:
1. Practice social distancing (6 feet apart)
2. Perform proper Hand Hygiene (Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds with the alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and hot water) 20 second or greater is so important.
3. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
4. If exhibiting any symptoms (fever, cough and difficulty breathing) please alert staff immediately.
We are very hopeful that some restrictions may be lifted in the coming weeks. We just want to encourage everyone to hold to the measure put in place during this time. Again, thank you for all your support during this challenging time for the residents and staff.
Tania de Pape | Community Relations Manager
C: 604-307-9066 | F: 604-539-3300
Retirement Concepts | Langley Seniors Village
20363 65 Avenue | Langley BC | V2Y 3E3