Welcome to Autumn in Kamloops, Autumn colors and definitely cooler days! There continues to be changes and almost weekly updates associated with visits in our community – but outside of the essential scheduled visits, please note that we continue to follow the direction of our provincial Health Officer, Dr. Bonnie Henry, and our general NO VISITOR policy remains in place.
Please check out our most recent updates/changes:
- Each tenant and or resident will be allotted one assigned family member for their visitations.
- The November 2020 Visit Schedule is now underway and quickly filling up with visits scheduled every 7-10 days depending on availability. Please submit designated visitor to Carollyn Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. This person will be changed ONLY in cases of extreme emergency.
- Email Carollyn with requested date(s) for visitation and allow 72 hours for reply. Requests will be on a “first come, first served” basis, and a waitlist will be set up for cancellations. Please include your contact telephone number in the email.
- All visitors will be required to bring a mask and MUST wear it for the duration of the visit, therefore food and beverages are not permitted for the visits
- Please arrive a maximum of 5 minutes before visitation to complete pre-screening requirements
- Visits will be 30 minutes and at this time we will not be able to accommodate extended times. Please adhere to social distancing and sanitization protocol at all times. All items brought as “gifts” will be sanitized upon arrival. Please keep these to essential items only.
- We ask that our resident/tenant families give your best effort in reducing community outings 14 days prior to your scheduled visit.
- AND PLEASE NOTE: Should the community have any type of outbreak, visits will cease immediately
You, as family members play a key role in the success of this Visitation Plan. As we all work together toward successful visits, should any family member not adhere to the safety parameters that we have in place, they will be asked to leave.
Window Visits are continuing with the same following guidelines:
- Please plan visits with a limit of up to 6 people (window Visits only)
- No open windows, please use telephones
- For all residents in Complex Care, window visits can still be safely scheduled and supported through the care staff.
We are continuing to provide scheduled Skype visits for residents. Please reach out to Erica Buckingham, Recreation Manager by e-mail at email@example.com or call 250.571.2958 to set up a time to Skype. We will be happy to confirm a date and time to connect you with your loved-one.
Deliveries and Drop-offs:
All deliveries will continue to be received at the front desk and will be sanitized, bagged and we will call the tenants to come and pick up their items right away. Please ensure you label all items with name and room number to ensure all packages are received as quickly as possible.
Reminders for your loved one to Stay Safe:
Please help us by reminding each resident daily of the following four items:
- Practice social/physical distancing (6 feet apart)
- Perform proper Hand Hygiene (Wash hands frequently for 20 seconds with the alcohol-based sanitizer or soap and hot water) 20 seconds or greater is so important.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- If exhibiting any symptoms (fever, cough and difficulty breathing) please alert staff immediately.
We want to thank everyone for their cooperation and patience during these ever-changing circumstances.