April 17 2021
To all Friends and Family Members of Dufferin Care Centre:
From the point prevalence testing of the second floor, we have confirmed 12 cases of COVID 19. Thru the A,C and D wings.
If your loved one tested positive, you will have been contacted by the staff and they will remain in contact with you daily.
We have now conducted point prevalence testing thru the 1st floor and will update you with these emails. Should your loved one test positive, you will be contacted directly.
All visitation including in person, window visits and virtual visitation has been halted.
We remain in outbreak status.
We understand that some of the information may seem repetitive but in continuing communications we like to ensure everyone has all the information readily available to them.
We continue to follow our COVID-19 protocols as well as the direction of the health authorities which include:
– Canceling visitation, including window, in-person and virtual visits for all floors
– Canceling group recreation on 1st and 2nd floors
– Closing dining room and returning to room service for meals on 1st and 2nd floors
– Monitoring all residents for symptoms
– Contact tracing
– Point prevalence testing of staff and residents has been conducted of 1st and second floors
– Enhanced deep cleaning and sanitization of all areas
– Cohorting staff
– Isolating residents to their rooms
If your loved one is contact traced or starts to exhibit symptoms, you will be contacted by phone and informed of the next steps.
We will be providing daily updates to ensure everyone remains informed of any changes in operation or general status of the community.
**Delivery hours are between 9 am-4 pm Monday-Saturday**
All deliveries will be received at the lobby entrance. All items will be sanitized and delivered directly to the residents’ suite.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation,
Please rest assured we have the safety and care of your loved ones always as a top priority.
Dufferin Care Centre Team