April 10, 2021
To all Friends and Family Members:
As we had informed everyone yesterday, Dufferin Care Centre had a confirmed case of CoVid-19 in one of our residents residing on the second floor. Testing has now confirmed another positive case of CoVid-19 also on the 2nd floor.
The health authority has placed us on Outbreak status.
We continue to follow our CoVid-19 protocols as well as the direction of the health authorities which include:
– Canceling visitation, including window and in-person visits
– Canceling group recreation on the 2nd floor
– Closing dining room and returning to room service for meals on the 2nd floor
– Monitoring all residents for symptoms
– Contact tracing
– Point prevalent testing of staff and residents
– Enhanced deep cleaning and sanitization of all areas
– Cohorting staff
– Isolating residents to their rooms
If your loved one is contact traced or starts to exhibit symptoms, you will be contacted by phone and informed of the next steps.
We will be providing daily updates to ensure everyone remains informed of any changes in operation or general status of the community.
Virtual visitation may continue for the time being but as staff may be required to ensure the health and happiness of the residents, it may be delayed or halted. For virtual bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-472-4151
**Delivery hours are between 9 am-4 pm Monday-Saturday**
All deliveries will be received at the lobby entrance. All items will be sanitized and delivered directly to the residents’ suite.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation,
Please rest assured we have the safety and care of your loved ones always as a top priority.
Dufferin Care Centre Team