We hope you are all staying safe and healthy.
We are happy to report that we will have hearing aid care dropped off this week, as well as a video on how to maintain them until circumstances allow our hearing aid specialists to be allowed back to visit with us.
NO RESIDENTS are presenting COVID-19 signs or symptoms at the Auburn Retirement Residences and Waverly Seniors Village. However, we recognize that this is an anxious time for you and your families, and we hope that by sending out these bi-weekly updates, we can provide some reassurance to you on the care of your loved-one.
Should the status of this facility change in any respect, please know that we will immediately contact families.
We continue to follow the direction of our public health officials to the letter, and have full infection prevention and control precautions in place. Staff continue to monitor residents closely and are ensuring the following protocols are being adhered to:
• restricting ALL visitors from the premises
• ensuring no staff member is working in multiple facilities
• staff are working strictly within an assigned unit and not multiple units
• staff are removing outside clothing and footwear before entering the premises
• staff are screened for their temperature upon entrance to the building, and midway through their shift
• social distancing is occurring among residents in each facility, including during mealtimes
• appropriate application and removal of personal protective equipment (PPE), and the use of individual slings (cloth component of a personal lift).
• ensuring ongoing, environmental cleaning and increased frequency of high touch surfaces in order to break the chain of infection
• staff and residents are committed to regular/proper hand hygiene to break the chain of infection, by washing their hands with soap and water and applying hand sanitizer.
We would like to invite everyone to participate in a Mother’s Day Activity. We are welcoming all the family members to create a poster, card, or heart addressed to their Moms, Grandmas or GREAT Grandmas to display for them from the outside windows. This will put many smiles on faces around here! If you could please submit your creations by the 6th of May
We continue to do one on one activities and exercise programs to keep the morale up! If there is any facetime, skype, zoom meeting that you would like to set up please feel free to call us to set a time at contact number.
Heather Brougham | Community Relations Manager
T: 604-792-3545 x 104 | C: 604-799-1303 | F: 604-392-0041
Retirement Concepts | The Auburn Retirement Residences & Waverly Seniors Village
8531 Young Road | Chilliwack BC | V2P 0E1