Majestic Retirement Living in Victoria's Downtown Core
Centrally located on Blanshard Street in Victoria, the Wellesley has for years been the focal point of many Victoria families and their retired parents. With it’s central location and easy accessibility to transit options, it couldn’t be better situated.
With its most recent renovations, the Wellesley offers tastefully decorated, spacious, bright suites are ready for your furnishings. The main floor bustles with activity at the Bistro, lounge area and dining room. The ground floor boasts a fabulous common area that hosts high quality entertainment and numerous recreational opportunities.
Gourmet meals are served in our dining room with just the right touch; less than formal, but slightly more than casual. The Wellesley, truly is the epitome of living in style and comfort.
Independent and Assisted Living (IL/AL)
Independent living (IL) is intended for self-sufficient people who are capable of directing their own lives. These tenants choose to be free of all the home management chores and prefer the convenience of services and security in a social atmosphere. Tenants direct their own lives, come and go as they please and participate in activities of their choosing within the Wellesley community. Services provided include a menu of optional fee-for-services from a base rate which include meals, housekeeping, and recreational opportunities.
Assisted living (AL) is the combination of housing, hospitality services and one or two personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living or medication services (referred to in Community Care and Assisted Living Act the as prescribed services). AL is ideal for tenants who wish to maintain their independence, knowing assistance is available when they need it. AL tenants need to be self-directing their care and mobile as defined by using a walker and/or wheelchair as long as they are able to transfer to a bed or chair. This option is ideal for couples as well as singles.
Housing options in IL/AL include:
- Spacious one and two bedroom suites with balconies.
- Full kitchens with ample cupboards, refrigerator and combination microwave/convection oven.
- Full bathrooms with walk-in shower and separate bathtub.
- Cable, heating, lighting and water included.
- A warm, elegant central dining room with delicious meals daily.
- Bistro gathering area, where tenants and guests can enjoy a beverage and snack with family or friends.
- Lounges and outdoor areas, including a spectacular roof-top garden, offer gathering places or a quiet retreat
Library and internet lounge.
- Multipurpose room that includes a home theatre.
- Bus trips and outings that provide access to their favourite shops as well as travel to unique locations and attractions.
- A General Store for quick, on-site access to everyday staples, if needed.
Weekly scheduled housekeeping of each residence.
- Hobby room for activities such as woodwork.
- Fitness Room.
- Full Service Hair Salon.
- Freedom spa tub.
- Care in the form of assistance with Activities of Daily Living available. This may be through VIHA or other private agencies
- 24 Hour Emergency Response including call bells in each suite (bathroom and living area). Pendants are available.
- Underground Parking
IL/AL Recreation and Entertainment
We provide the entertainment and activities; you decide what you wish to do. You are welcome to participate in as much as you want, or to take quiet time for yourself. It is your decision.
- Musical entertainment
- Fitness Classes and walking groups
- Billiards and pool
- Volunteer opportunities
- Bus Trips and outings
- Computer Education & Games
- Board, Card Games and Bingo
- Discussion Groups and Trivia
- Special event and seasonal celebrations
- Religious Services
Our Executive Chef and their team provide fantastic food services at the Wellesley. Everything from comfort food to elegant special event dinners provides the variety our tenants enjoy. We are always working to adapt menus based on tenant feedback and increase our use of fresh, local ingredients to provide you with the best dining experience possible.
What you need, when you need it
Our primary goal is to find what you need, when you need it. We will help you navigate the sometimes complicated world of seniors care and services. And, if we don’t have it at the Wellesley, Retirement Concepts has other close-by options that may be right for you. Contact us today!
Retirement Concepts and Health Arts Society are joining together to celebrate BC’s communities through the arts. During the year-long concert…
"I would like to tell you how happy I am that I followed an intuition to come and see The Wellesley."
I would like to tell you how happy I am that I followed an intuition to come and see The Wellesley. I find it to be very friendly and helpful, staff and occupants.
A special “thank you” to Connie the chef and her staff; they supervise the gluten free food that I can eat and won’t serve me anything that I cannot eat. The food is always served in a very appealing manner.
Also, I find that there are many activities that one can participate in.
All in all I find it to be a very pleasant place to live – I’m comfortable here. Thank you.
- June Taylor - Happy Resident
"I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love the facility! My grandma seems happier then she has been in a long time. "
My grandmother just moved into the Wellesley in January. I came to visit her for the first time this past Saturday with my 15 month old son and my mother.
I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love the facility! My grandma seems happier then she has been in a long time. She has struggled with her disabilities for many, many years and I am just so happy to see her getting the help she needs. It is so nice to feel good about where my grandma is living and to know that she is safe and being well taken care of. She is just such a wonderful, kind person and deserves the best!
Thank you for providing such a wonderful place for people like my grandma. I think she will be really happy there!