Waverly Seniors Village
Located in beautiful Chilliwack, The Waverly is one of Retirement Concepts original properties. In 2004, we added 66 suites (Independent Living and Assisted Living) to our existing 53 residential care rooms, providing a true Campus of Care, where seniors are able to ‘age in place’. This is an ideal situation for couples, enabling them to stay together in the same building as their care needs change over the years.
Independent living is intended for functionally independent people who are capable of directing their own lives. These residents choose to be free of the home management duties and prefer the convenience of service in a social atmosphere that provides services and security. Residents direct their own lives, come and go as they please and participate in activities of their choosing within their community.
Services provided include a menu of optional fee-for-services from a base rate which include meals, housekeeping, and recreational opportunities.
Assisted living is the combination of housing, hospitality services and one or two personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living or medication services (referred to in the Community Care and Assisted Living Act as prescribed services). Assisted living is intended for people who are able to make the range of decisions that allow them to live safely in a supportive, semi-independent environment.
In British Columbia, assisted living is regulated by the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and monitored by the provincial Assisted Living Registrar who:
- administers the registration of all assisted living residences in British Columbia, whether they are publicly subsidized or private-pay.
- establishes and administers health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- ensures timely and effective investigation of complaints about the health and safety of assisted living residents.
- has authority to inspect residences if there is a concern about the health or safety of a resident.
- refers issues that are not within the registrar’s jurisdiction to the appropriate authorities.
- Coordinates investigation of complaints with the health authority Patient Care Quality Office.
- Independent suites and Assisted Living suites are studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom suites
- All suites are well appointed and pleasingly decorated
- Furnishings include: kitchenette with bar fridge, fixtures and curtains
- Bathrooms are large and are configured for easy access with higher toilets, and walk in showers
- One-step emergency call bells in every suite: living area and bathroom. Pendants are also available
- A bright, elegant central dining room with two meals included every day
- Bistro gathering area, where residents and guests can enjoy a beverage and snack with family or friends
- Lounges and outdoor areas, including a spectacular roof-top garden, offer gathering places or a quiet retreat
- Hair Dresser
- Library and internet lounge
- Country kitchen to bake a batch of cookies, or fry an egg
- Theatre and activity room
- Fitness Room
- Bus trips and outings
- The General Store is open for business, supplying fresh milk, bread, cereal and a variety of other items
- Freedom spa tub
- Care in the form of assistance with Activities of Daily Living available. This may be through Fraser Health Authority or Waverly Seniors Village staff (fees apply)
- 24 Hour Emergency Response
- Underground Parking
Entertainment and Activities
We provide the entertainment and activities; you decide what you wish to do. You are welcome to participate in as much as you want, or to take quiet time for yourself. It is your decision.
- Musical entertainment
- Fitness Classes and Tai Chi
- Billiards and pool
- Volunteer opportunities
- Bus Trips and outings
- Computer Education
- Board and Card Games
- Discussion Groups and Trivia
- Special event and seasonal celebrations
- Church Services
Residential Care (Skilled Nursing Care)
Residents are cared for by a highly trained, professional and caring staff, in a safe and secure environment.
We accept residents requiring intermediate, extended, palliative, dementia and respite care. We have both publicly subsidized and private pay accommodation and services. Publicly subsidized rooms must be applied for through Fraser Health.
All rooms are tastefully decorated in soft colours with comfortable furnishings and ensuite. Residents are encouraged to bring familiar belongings and decorations to create an atmosphere that is familiar to them and to their families.
Residential Care Amenities
• Beautifully appointed, furnished private rooms, each with 2 piece ensuite
• Dietician-planned meals (three meals daily plus snacks)
• Specialized bathing facilities in each mini-community
• Lounges and outdoor and garden areas
• In-community hair dresser
Residential Care Entertainment and Recreation
Our professionally trained Recreation Staff is dedicated to making time spent at The Waverly quality time. We want our residents to be able to fill their days with worthwhile activities and entertainment, to the best of their ability. We encourage the participation of family and friends. We also respect our residents’ rights to dignity always, and privacy as they wish it.
We take every opportunity to celebrate special occasions: – birthdays, holidays, special days, the seasons, and anything else that might be happening.
A few of our activities include:
- Music and music therapy
- Games – bowling, bingo cards, board games, Wii
- Exercise groups
- Walking groups
- Special occasion celebrations
Debbie joined the “Waverly Team” in February 2003. Her education as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse and extensive management background in both community home support and facility care has prepared her for this challenging role. Debbie is committed to maintaining a homelike atmosphere in which seniors unique needs are met in courteous and professional manner.
For information, reservations, tours etc, please contact Debbie Davidson at (604) 792-6340 or firstname.lastname@example.org