Waverly Seniors Village
Located in beautiful Chilliwack, The Waverly is one of Retirement Concepts original properties. In 2004, we added 66 suites (Independent Living and Assisted Living) to our existing 53 residential care rooms, providing a true Campus of Care, where seniors are able to ‘age in place’. This is an ideal situation for couples, enabling them to stay together in the same building as their care needs change over the years.
Independent living (IL) is intended for self-sufficient people who are capable of directing their own lives. These tenants choose to be free of all the home management chores and prefer the convenience of services and security in a social atmosphere. Tenants direct their own lives, come and go as they please and participate in activities of their choosing within their Waverly community.
Services provided include a menu of optional fee-for-services from a base rate which include meals, housekeeping, and recreational opportunities.
Assisted living (AL) is the combination of housing, hospitality services and one or two personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living or medication services (referred to in Community Care and Assisted Living Act the as prescribed services). Assisted living is intended for people who are able to make the range of decisions that allow them to live safely in a supportive, semi-independent environment. In British Columbia, assisted living is regulated by the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and monitored by the provincial Assisted Living Registrar.
AL is ideal for tenants who wish to maintain their independence, knowing assistance is available when they need it. AL tenants need to be self-directing their care and mobile as defined by using a walker and/or wheelchair as long as they are able to transfer to a bed or chair. This option is ideal for couples as well as singles.
- Independent suites and Assisted Living suites are studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom suites
- All suites are well appointed and pleasingly decorated
- Furnishings include: kitchenette with bar fridge, fixtures and curtains
- Bathrooms are large and are configured for easy access with higher toilets, and walk in showers
- One-step emergency call bells in every suite: living area and bathroom. Pendants are also available
- A warm, elegant central dining room with two meals included (AL) every day
- Bistro gathering area, where tenants and guests can enjoy a beverage and snack with family or friends
- Lounges and outdoor areas offer gathering places or a quiet retreat
- Library and internet lounge including WiFi in Common Areas (CVSV Building only)
- Multipurpose room that includes stove/oven access and family gathering space
- Bus trips and outings that provide access to their favourite shops as well as travel to unique locations and attractions
- A General Store for quick, on-site access to everyday staples, if needed
- Entertainment and Activities
Entertainment and Activities
We provide the entertainment and activities, you decide how much you want to do. We welcome your involvement. Some entertainment and activities include:
- Musical entertainment
- Fitness Classes
- Billiards and pool
- Volunteer opportunities
- Bus Trips
- Computer Education and games
- Board, Card Games and Bingo
- Discussion Groups and Trivia
- Church Services
Residents are cared for by a highly trained, professional and caring staff, in a safe and secure environment.
To ensure intimate, home-like surroundings, each mini-community has 15 rooms and its own dining area. Rooms are tastefully decorated in soft colours with comfortable furnishings. Residents are encouraged to bring familiar belongings and decorations to create an atmosphere that is familiar to them and to their families.
• Beautifully appointed, furnished private rooms, each with 2 piece ensuite
• Dietician-planned meals (three meals daily plus snacks)
• Specialized bathing facilities in each mini-community
• Lounges and outdoor and garden areas
• In-community hair dresser
Entertainment and Recreation
Our professionally trained Recreation Staff is dedicated to making time spent at The Waverly quality time. We want our residents to be able to fill their days with worthwhile activities and entertainment, to the best of their ability. We encourage the participation of family and friends. We also respect our residents’ rights to dignity always, and privacy as they wish it.
We take every opportunity to celebrate special occasions: – birthdays, holidays, special days, the seasons, and anything else that might be happening.
A few of our activities include:
- Music and music therapy
- Games – bowling, bingo cards, board games, Wii
- Exercise groups
- Walking groups
- Special occasion celebrations
What you need, when you need it
Our primary goal is to find what you need, when you need it. We will help you navigate the sometimes complicated world of seniors care and services. And, if we don’t have it at the Waverly, Retirement Concepts has other close-by options that may be right for you. Contact us today!
For Tours, Information and Reservations, please contact Tracy Penner
at (604) 798-0044 or firstname.lastname@example.org