Waverly Seniors Village
Casual Retirement Living in the Heart of the Fraser Valley
Centrally located in beautiful Chilliwack, Waverly Seniors Village (WSV) is a complete community with varying levels of accommodation and assistance, from Independent and Assisted living to Residential Care, providing a true Campus where seniors could ‘age in place’. This is an ideal situation for couples, enabling them to stay together in the same building as their care needs change over the years.
Independent and Assisted Living (IL/AL)
Independent living (IL) is intended for self-sufficient people who are capable of directing their own lives. These tenants choose to be free of all the home management chores and prefer the convenience of services and security in a social atmosphere. Tenants direct their own lives, come and go as they please and participate in activities of their choosing within the WSV community. Services provided include a menu of optional fee-for-services from a base rate which include meals, housekeeping, and recreational opportunities.
Assisted living (AL) is the combination of housing, hospitality services and one or two personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living or medication services (referred to in Community Care and Assisted Living Act the as prescribed services). AL is ideal for tenants who wish to maintain their independence, knowing assistance is available when they need it. AL tenants need to be self-directing their care and mobile as defined by using a walker and/or wheelchair as long as they are able to transfer to a bed or chair. This option is ideal for couples as well as singles.
Housing options in IL/AL include:
- Independent Living suites and Assisted Living suites are studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom.
- All suites are well appointed and pleasingly decorated.
- Furnishings include: kitchenette with bar fridge, fixtures and curtains.
- Bathrooms are large and are configured for easy access with higher toilets, and walk in showers.
- One-step emergency call bells in every suite: living area and bathroom. Pendants are also available.
Your guests are our guests and are welcome to stay in your suite, the short-term stay suite (located at the Auburn) or just pop in for lunch or dinner. Arrangements can be made with our staff.
We’re a pet friendly community. Pets are welcome to visit, and residents are welcome to have a small pet reside with them.
- A warm, elegant central dining room with two meals included every day.
- Bistro gathering area, where tenants and guests can enjoy a beverage and snack with family or friends.
- Lounges and outdoor areas offer gathering places or a quiet retreat.
- Library and internet lounge.
- Movie theatre.
- Multipurpose room that includes stove/oven access and family gathering space.
- Bus trips and outings that provide access to their favourite shops as well as travel to unique locations and attractions.
- A General Store for quick, on-site access to everyday staples, if needed.
- On-site hair salon.
IL/AL Entertainment and Activities
We provide the entertainment and activities, you decide how much you want to do. We welcome your involvement. Some entertainment and activities include:
- Musical entertainment
- Fitness Classes
- Billiards and pool
- Volunteer opportunities
- Bus Trips
- Computer Education and games
- Board, Card Games and Bingo
- Discussion Groups and Trivia
- Religious Services
Our kitchen team provide fantastic food services; everything from comfort food to elegant special event dinners provides the variety our tenants enjoy. We are always working to adapt menus based on tenant feedback and increase our use of fresh, local ingredients to provide you with the best dining experience possible.
When you or your family member require more care than can be found in Independent Living or Assisted Living, Residential Care offers a comfortable location with caring, highly qualified staff that provide comfort, security and safety for you or your family member. All rooms in Residential Care are fully furnished and private. Families are encouraged to spend lots of time with the WSV community and be a part of all that we have to offer.
WSV Residential Care is a mix of private pay and publicly subsidized rooms. Publicly subsidized accommodation and care must be applied for through Fraser Health.
- Beautifully appointed, furnished private rooms, each with 2 piece ensuite.
- Dietician-planned meals (three meals daily plus snacks).
- Specialized bathing facilities.
- Lounges and outdoor areas.
- In-community hair dressers.
RC Entertainment and Recreation
Our trained Recreation Staff is dedicated to making time spent at WSV quality time, utilizing a therapeutic recreation model for improving quality of life. We want our residents to be able to fill their days with worthwhile activities and entertainment, to the best of their ability. We encourage the participation of family and friends. We also respect our residents’ rights to dignity always, and privacy when they wish it.
We take every opportunity to celebrate special occasions: – birthdays, holidays, special days, the seasons, local events and anything else that might be happening.
A few of our activities include:
- Music and music therapy
- Games – bowling, bingo cards, board games, Wii
- Exercise & Walking groups
- Special occasion celebrations
WSV prides itself on its on-site cooking, including three meals and two snacks daily that are carefully planned by a certified dietician. Careful attention is paid to cultural and religious backgrounds of the residents when developing the meals offered.
Families and friends are actively encouraged to dine in the main dining room.
What you need, when you need it
Our primary goal is to find what you need, when you need it. We will help you navigate the sometimes complicated world of seniors care and services. And, if we don’t have it at WSV, Retirement Concepts has other close-by options that may be right for you. Contact us today!
For Tours, Information and Reservations, please contact
at (604) 792-6340 or firstname.lastname@example.org