Renfrew Care Centre
Vancouver Residential Care Centre
All 88 beds at Renfrew Care Centre in Vancouver’s East Side are funded through the Continuing Care department of the Vancouver/Richmond Health Board. The multi-level care model allows residents to form closer relationships with each other, as residents are grouped according to care level and dine and socialize in more intimate spaces with a core group of peers.
Residential Care Amenities
- 24-hour professional nursing care
- Scheduling of medical appointments
- Special care unit for residents with cognitive impairments
- Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy, podiatry and dental care services available on an ‘as needed’ basis
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Spacious, bright rooms with low level windows to allow residents to view their surroundings
- Common areas and TV lounges
- Rooftop patio, courtyards and underground parking
Residential Care Entertainment and Recreation
Our programs are enhanced by the involvement of our volunteers who are very much a part of our team at Renfrew.
Throughout the year we provide opportunities for the staff in all departments to be involved with the activities for our residents through special events.
A few of our activities include:
- Bus Trips
- Religious Services
- Music Therapy
- Hair Dressing
- We encourage family and community participation
Residential Care Dining
- Three meals and two snacks daily
- All meals cooked on site, dietician planned with cultural and religious requirements taken into consideration
- Family and friends are encouraged to dine with residents
- Bright, attractive, well lit main dining area
- Smaller, more intimate dining areas for residents requiring help with meals
"To the entire Renfrew Care Centre Staff. Thank you all for taking such good care of my father, Don Jolly for almost 9 years. He really enjoyed his time at Renfrew, and told me many times how much he appreciated the loving and caring people at Renfrew. "
To the entire Renfrew Care Centre Staff. Thank you all for taking such good care of my father, Don Jolly for almost 9 years. He really enjoyed his time at Renfrew, and told me many times how much he appreciated the loving and caring people at Renfrew.
He enjoyed all the staff – including Loraine, Carol, Debbie, Fran, the nursing staff, the kitchen staff (thanks for all the special orders, service and patience, and the maintenance crew that helped him out!) You all are GREAT! No wonder the Renfrew Care Centre is recognized as one of the best in Canada!
- Jim and Margaret Jolly & Family - Family of Resident
Loraine is a Registered Nurse – a graduate of The Queen Elizabeth Hospital of Montreal. She has a Bachelor of Nursing from McGill University and has a post graduate certificate in Long Term Care Management from the Canadian Health Association. Loraine brings many years of experience in health administration and education to her work at the Renfrew Care Centre. She enjoys the challenges of Long Term Care and believes that Renfrew has been very fortunate with its long term staff and good reputation in the community. Loraine is also a surveyor with the Canadian Council on Health Services Accreditation and has surveyed long term care facilities across Canada for the past ten years.
For Information, please contact email@example.com