Maple Ridge Seniors Village
A Seniors Community of Care
Maple Ridge Seniors Village is a complete community with varying levels of accommodation and assistance, from Independent Living to Assisted Living to Residential Care. Conveniently located in a quiet neighbourhood of Maple Ridge it is close to shops, a library, community center and other amenities. With the different levels of accommodation and assistance, Maple Ridge Seniors Village is able to offer seniors the ability to ‘age in place’. This is ideal for couples, enabling them to stay together in the same building as their care needs change over the years. Located near Vancouver, BC this is perfect for seniors of all ages to receive the level of care they need, with the level of independence they desire!
Independent living is intended for functionally independent people who are capable of directing their own lives. These residents choose to be free of the home management duties and prefer the convenience of service in a social atmosphere that provides services and security. Residents direct their own lives, come and go as they please and participate in activities of their choosing within their community.
Services provided include a menu of optional fee-for-services from a base rate which include meals, housekeeping, and recreational opportunities.
Assisted living is the combination of housing, hospitality services and one or two personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living or medication services (referred to in Community Care and Assisted Living Act the as prescribed services). Assisted living is intended for people who are able to make the range of decisions that allow them to live safely in a supportive, semi-independent environment.
In British Columbia, assisted living is regulated by the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and monitored by the provincial Assisted Living Registrar who:
- administers the registration of all assisted living residences in British Columbia, whether they are publicly subsidized or private-pay.
- establishes and administers health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- ensures timely and effective investigation of complaints about the health and safety of assisted living residents.
- has authority to inspect residences if there is a concern about the health or safety of a resident.
- refers issues that are not within the registrar’s jurisdiction to the appropriate authorities.
- Coordinates investigation of complaints with the health authority Patient Care Quality Office.
- Independent Living suites and Assisted Living suites are studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom – most with balconies and some with spectacular views of Mount Baker
- All suites are well appointed and pleasingly decorated
- Furnishings include: kitchenette with bar fridge, fixtures and curtains
- Bathrooms are large and are configured for easy access with higher toilets, and walk in showers
- One-step emergency call bells in every suite: living area and bathroom. Pendants are also available
Bright, elegant central dining room with two meals included every day
Bistro gathering area, where residents and guests can enjoy a beverage and snack with family or friends
Lounges and outdoor areas, including a spectacular roof-top garden, offer gathering places or a quiet retreat
Library and internet lounge
Country kitchen to bake a batch of cookies, or fry an egg
Theatre and activity room
Bus trips and outings
The General Store is open for business, supplying fresh milk, bread, cereal and a variety of other items
Freedom spa tub
Care in the form of assistance with Activities of Daily Living available. This may be through Fraser Health Authority or Maple Ridge Seniors Village (fees apply)
24 Hour Emergency Response
Call bells in each suite (bathroom and living area). Pendants available.
Entertainment and Activities
We provide the entertainment and activities; you decide what you wish to do. You are welcome to participate in as much as you want, or to take quiet time for yourself. It is your decision.
- Musical entertainment
- Fitness Classes and Tai Chi
- Billiards and pool
- Volunteer opportunities
- Bus Trips and outings
- Computer Education
- Board and Card Games
- Discussion Groups and Trivia
- Special event and seasonal celebrations
- Church Services
Residential Care (Skilled Nursing Care)
Residents are cared for by a highly trained, professional and caring staff, in a safe and secure environment.
We accept residents requiring intermediate, extended, palliative, dementia and respite care. We have both publicly subsidized and private pay beds. Publicly subsidized beds must be applied for through Fraser Health.
To ensure intimate, home-like surroundings, rooms are broken out into mini-communities, each with 18 rooms and its own dining area. Rooms are tastefully decorated in soft colours with comfortable furnishings and ensuite. Residents are encouraged to bring familiar belongings and decorations to create an atmosphere that is familiar to them and to their families.
Fresh, bright colours create an atmosphere that is both cheerful and comforting. The building was designed to make the best use of light, and to provide open space while still providing a feeling of warmth and coziness. Secure gardens provide access to the outdoors for residents who enjoy sunshine and fresh air.
Residential Care Amenities
- Beautifully appointed, furnished private rooms, each with 2 piece ensuite
- Dietician-planned meals (three meals daily plus snacks)
- Specialized bathing facilities in each mini-community
- Lounges and outdoor and garden areas
- In-community hair dresser
Residential Care Entertainment and Recreation
Our professionally trained Recreation Staff is dedicated to making time spent at Maple Ridge Seniors Village quality time. We want our residents to be able to fill their days with worthwhile activities and entertainment, to the best of their ability. We encourage the participation of family and friends. We also respect our residents’ rights to dignity always, and privacy as they wish it.
We take every opportunity to celebrate special occasions: – birthdays, holidays, special days, the seasons, and anything else that might be happening.
A few of our activities include:
- Music and music therapy
- Games – bowling, bingo cards, board games, Wii
- Exercise groups
- Walking groups
- Special occasion celebrations
Retirement Concepts and Health Arts Society are joining together to celebrate BC’s communities through the arts. During the year-long concert…
"I have found the staff to be friendly, courteous and very competent."
The clean, new look and spacious apartments convinced me to move into this Assisted Living apartment. I find the food and food service to be good. There are a number of convenient services available … and I have found the staff to be friendly, courteous and very competent.
- Frances - Resident Since 2010
"The management is concerned about the welfare of all residents."
Susie and I chose Maple Ridge Seniors Village for our retirement because it is spacious, well furnished and pleasantly decorated. The staff is courteous and well mannered. The management is concerned about the welfare of all residents. They promote social interaction and create an atmosphere of good will for all. The meals are tasty and nourishing. A spirit of goodwill and friendship prevails. We are pleased and happy we made the choice to move to Maple Ridge Seniors Village.
- Peter & Susie - Resident Since 2009
Everyone Has A Story...
For Tours, Information and Reservations please call Josee Brazeau at 604-764-8877 or email@example.com