Maple Ridge Seniors Village
Retirement Living overlooking beautiful Golden Ears
Maple Ridge Seniors Village (MRSV) is a complete community with varying levels of accommodation and assistance, from Independent Living to Assisted Living to Residential Care. Conveniently located in a quiet neighbourhood of Maple Ridge it is close to shops, a library, community center and other amenities. With the different levels of accommodation and assistance, MRSV is able to offer seniors the possibility to ‘age in place’. This is ideal for couples, enabling them to stay together in the same building as their care needs change over the years. Located near Vancouver, BC, it’s the perfect place for seniors of all ages to receive the level of care they need, with the level of independence they desire!
Independent and Assisted Living (IL/AL)
Independent living (IL) is intended for self-sufficient people who are capable of directing their own lives. These tenants choose to be free of all the home management chores and prefer the convenience of services and security in a social atmosphere. Tenants direct their own lives, come and go as they please and participate in activities of their choosing within the MRSV community. Services provided include a menu of optional fee-for-services from a base rate which include meals, housekeeping, and recreational opportunities.
Assisted living (AL) is the combination of housing, hospitality services and one or two personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living or medication services (referred to in Community Care and Assisted Living Act the as prescribed services). AL is ideal for tenants who wish to maintain their independence, knowing assistance is available when they need it. AL tenants need to be self-directing their care and mobile as defined by using a walker and/or wheelchair as long as they are able to transfer to a bed or chair. This option is ideal for couples as well as singles.
Housing options in IL/AL include:
- Independent Living suites and Assisted Living suites are studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom – most with balconies and some with spectacular views of Mount Baker.
- All suites are well appointed and pleasingly decorated.
- Furnishings include: kitchenette with bar fridge, fixtures and curtains.
- Bathrooms are large and are configured for easy access with higher toilets, and walk in showers.
- One-step emergency call bells in every suite: living area and bathroom. Pendants are also available.
- Your guests are our guests and are welcome to stay in your suite, the short-term stay suite or just pop in for lunch or dinner. Arrangements can be made with our staff.
We’re a pet friendly community. Pets are welcome to visit, and residents are welcome to have small pets reside with them.
- A warm, elegant central dining room with two meals included every day.
- Bistro gathering area, where tenants and guests can enjoy a beverage and snack with family or friends.
- Lounges and outdoor areas offer gathering places or a quiet retreat.
- Library and internet lounge including WiFi in Common Areas.
- Movie theatre.
- Multipurpose room that includes stove/oven access and family gathering space.
- Bus trips and outings that provide access to their favourite shops as well as travel to unique locations and attractions.
- A General Store for quick, on-site access to everyday staples, if needed.
IL/AL Entertainment and Activities
We provide the entertainment and activities, you decide how much you want to do. We welcome your involvement. Some entertainment and activities include:
- Bright, elegant central dining room with two meals included every day
- Bistro gathering area, where residents and guests can enjoy a beverage and snack with family or friends
- Lounges and outdoor areas, including a spectacular roof-top garden, offer gathering places or a quiet retreat
- Library and internet lounge
- Multipurpose room that includes stove/oven access and family gathering space.
- Theatre and activity room
- Bus trips and outings
- A General Store for quick, on-site access to everyday staples , if needed.
- Freedom spa tub
- Care in the form of assistance with Activities of Daily Living available. This may be through Fraser Health Authority or MRSV (fees apply)
- 24 Hour Emergency Response including call bells in each suite (bathroom and living area). Pendants available.
- Underground Parking
An Executive Chef and their team provide fantastic food services at MRSV. Everything from comfort food to elegant special event dinners provides the variety our tenants enjoy. We are always working to adapt menus based on tenant feedback and increase our use of fresh, local ingredients to provide you with the best dining experience possible.
Residential Care (RC)
Residents are cared for by a highly trained, professional and caring staff, in a safe and secure environment. To ensure intimate, home-like surroundings, each mini-community has 18 rooms and its own dining area. Rooms are tastefully decorated in soft colours with comfortable furnishings. Residents are encouraged to bring familiar belongings and decorations to create an atmosphere that is familiar to them and to their families.
Fresh, bright colours create an atmosphere that is both cheerful and comforting. The building was designed to make the best use of light, and to provide open space while still providing a feeling of warmth and coziness. Secure gardens provide access to the outdoors for residents who enjoy sunshine and fresh air.
We accept residents requiring intermediate, extended, palliative, dementia and respite care. We have both publicly subsidized and private pay beds. Publicly subsidized beds must be applied for through Fraser Health.
- Beautifully appointed, furnished private rooms, each with 2 piece ensuite.
- Dietician-planned meals (three meals daily plus snacks).
- Specialized bathing facilities in each mini-community.
- Lounges and outdoor areas.
- In-community hair dresser.
RC Recreation and Activities
Our trained Recreation Staff is dedicated to making time spent at MRSV quality time. We want our residents to be able to fill their days with worthwhile activities and entertainment, to the best of their ability. We encourage the participation of family and friends. We also respect our residents’ rights to dignity always, and privacy when they wish it.
We take every opportunity to celebrate special occasions: – birthdays, holidays, special days, the seasons, local events and anything else that might be happening.
A few of our activities include:
- Music and music therapy
- Games – bowling, bingo cards, board games, Wii
- Exercise groups
- Walking groups
- Special occasion celebrations
MRSV prides itself on its on-site cooking, including three meals and two snacks daily that are carefully planned by a certified dietician. Careful attention is paid to cultural and religious backgrounds of the residents when developing the meals offered.
Families and friends are actively encouraged to dine in the main dining room or be with their family in smaller, more intimate dining areas for those requiring help with meals.
What you need, when you need it
Our primary goal is to find what you need, when you need it. We will help you navigate the sometimes complicated world of seniors care and services. And, if we don’t have it at MRSV, Retirement Concepts has other close-by options that may be right for you. Contact us today!
Retirement Concepts and Health Arts Society are joining together to celebrate BC’s communities through the arts. During the year-long concert…
"I have found the staff to be friendly, courteous and very competent."
The clean, new look and spacious apartments convinced me to move into this Assisted Living apartment. I find the food and food service to be good. There are a number of convenient services available … and I have found the staff to be friendly, courteous and very competent.
- Frances - Resident Since 2010
"...Maple Ridge Seniors Village had something that no other retirement complex had"
I looked and compared, but found that Maple Ridge Seniors Village had something that no other retirement complex had. That being Residential Care and Assisted Living located at the same facility. I was tired of visiting my wife, then driving home – alone! To put it succinctly, Maple Ridge Seniors Village was the best of two worlds.
- Howard Alton - Resident Since 2009
For Tours, Information and Reservations please call Josee Brazeau at 604-764-8877 or firstname.lastname@example.org