Langley Seniors Village
Langley Senior Living
Langley Seniors Village is conveniently located in the Willoughby area of Langley. Interior gardens and walkways enhance the property, which is just a short walk to the best Langley has to offer. You will discover a vast array of shopping opportunities, from department and grocery stores to small intimate boutiques. Take a stroll and visit the local library, pharmacy or bank, close by. Then visit one of the many outstanding restaurants and coffee shops in the area.
Independent living is intended for functionally independent people who are capable of directing their own lives. These residents choose to be free of the home management duties and prefer the convenience of service in a social atmosphere that provides services and security. Residents direct their own lives, come and go as they please and participate in activities of their choosing within their community.
Services provided include a menu of optional fee-for-services from a base rate which include meals, housekeeping, and recreational opportunities.
Assisted living is the combination of housing, hospitality services and one or two personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living or medication services (referred to in the Community Care and Assisted Living Act as prescribed services). Assisted living is intended for people who are able to make the range of decisions that allow them to live safely in a supportive, semi-independent environment.
In British Columbia, assisted living is regulated by the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and monitored by the provincial Assisted Living Registrar who:
- administers the registration of all assisted living residences in British Columbia, whether they are publicly subsidized or private-pay.
- establishes and administers health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- ensures timely and effective investigation of complaints about the health and safety of assisted living residents.
- has authority to inspect residences if there is a concern about the health or safety of a resident.
- refers issues that are not within the registrar’s jurisdiction to the appropriate authorities.
- Coordinates investigation of complaints with the health authority Patient Care Quality Office.
Our beautiful suites feature high ceilings, large picture windows and an open floor plan that creates a wonderful feeling of space. Warm rich colours add to the ambiance of this new home.
- Spacious one and two bedroom suites
- Large bathrooms with walk-in shower and linen closet
- Kitchenettes have apartment size fridge and ample counter space
- In-suite storage area
- Emergency response system
- Elegant lounge and bistro coffee bar
- Bright open Dining Room with soaring ceilings
- Laundry facilities on each floor for personal laundry
- Covered patio area and walkways with benches to enjoy the outdoors
- Library and multi-purpose theatre room
- Village bus
Entertainment and Activities
We provide the entertainment and activities; you decide what you wish to do. You are welcome to participate in as much as you want, or to take quiet time for yourself. It is your decision.
- Variety of exercise classes
- Card games, bingo and various crafts
- Movie nights
- Special events and entertainment
- Village bus to shopping and scheduled outings
- Intergenerational activities
- Library and discussion groups
- Birthday parties and happy hours
- Lunch and Dinner served daily
- Spacious dining room with lots of glass and soaring ceilings
- Bistro bar offers all day refreshments
- In-house chef preparing a variety of menu choices for your enjoyment
- Private Dining Room for special occasions
- Country Kitchen for making your own creations
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Vancouver, BC- July 29th, 2014 – The role of the arts to boost the health and well-being…
Tania de Pape
Sharon joined the Langley Seniors Village team, assuming the Administrative Coordinator role in November 2009, bringing with her over seventeen years of administrative, human resources and bookkeeping experience from the forestry, telecommunications and investment industries. She is happy to now work in Healthcare and finds her work very rewarding. She is responsible for billing, accounts payable, payroll and customer service. Sharon is a valuable resource for the staff, residents and families due to her positive, friendly and efficient manner.
Shawn Hansen began working at Langley Seniors Village in 2007 as a part time Lead Cook and has now been awarded the new position of Chef/Food Service Manager.
His career began as a short order cook at 17 years old and then he moved onto The Old Bavaria Haus where he learned the craft of traditional German Cuisine.
The Diamond University Club at Simon Fraser University was his next stop where he gained his Red Seal working as a Banquet (First) Cook.
He later spent many hours working as a casual cook in the Lower Mainland’s many Retirement Homes.
The River Rock Casino was a milestone in his career where he was employed as a Chef de Partie and supervised a staff of up to twenty people for the Grand Opening as well as with working as a Chef at Boulevard Casino.
Shawn is now striving to produce fresh, wholesome meals by sourcing food and products from the local community vendors along with harvesting herbs and vegetables from the beautiful gardens at Langley Seniors Village.
For Tours, Information and Reservations, please contact Tania de Pape at (604) 539-3302 or email@example.com