Kamloops Seniors Village
Retirement Living in the heart of Sun Country
Kamloops Seniors Village offers the sweeping views that highlight the natural beauty of Kamloops’s nearby mountains, the South and North Thompson Rivers, as well as the amenities of urban life. Just a short jaunt away is shopping at Aberdeen Mall, you can venture out to catch a local Blazer hockey game or live theatre at the Sagebrush Theatre.
Independent and Assisted Living (IL/AL)
Independent living (IL) is intended for self-sufficient people who are capable of directing their own lives. These tenants choose to be free of all the home management chores and prefer the convenience of services and security in a social atmosphere. Tenants direct their own lives, come and go as they please and participate in activities of their choosing within the KSV community. Services provided include a menu of optional fee-for-services from a base rate which include meals, housekeeping, and recreational opportunities.
Assisted living (AL) is the combination of housing, hospitality services and one or two personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living or medication services (referred to in Community Care and Assisted Living Act as the prescribed services). AL is ideal for tenants who wish to maintain their independence, knowing assistance is available when they need it. AL tenants need to be self-directing their care and mobile as defined by using a walker and/or wheelchair as long as they are able to transfer to a bed or chair. This option is ideal for couples as well as singles.
Housing options in IL/AL include:
- Suites that are pleasantly decorated and consist of studios, one bedrooms, and two bedrooms.
- Furnishings that include: kitchenettes with bar fridges, generous cabinet space, fixtures and curtains.
- Bathrooms that are large and are configured for easy access with higher toilets, walk in showers and plenty of grab bars.
- The living areas are roomy and enhanced by large, low windows.
- One-step emergency call bells are in every suite: living area and bathroom.
- Some suites include spectacular views or balconies.
Your guests are our guests and are welcome to stay in your suite, the guest suite, or just pop in for lunch or dinner. Arrangements can be made with our staff.
We’re a pet friendly community. Pets are welcome to visit, and residents are welcome to have small pets reside with them.
- A warm, elegant central dining room with two meals included (AL) every day.
- Bistro gathering area, where tenants and guests can enjoy a beverage and snack with family or friends.
- Lounges and outdoor areas offer gathering places or a quiet retreat.
- Library and internet lounge including WiFi in Common Areas.
- Multipurpose room that includes stove/oven access and family gathering space.
- Bus trips and outings that provide access to their favourite shops as well as travel to unique locations and attractions.
- A General Store for quick, on-site access to everyday staples, if needed.
IL/AL Entertainment and Activities
We provide the entertainment and activities, you decide how much you want to do. We welcome your involvement. Some entertainment and activities include:
- Musical entertainment
- Billiards and pool
- Volunteer opportunities
- Bus Trips
- Computer Education
- Board, Card Games and Bingo
- Discussion Groups and Trivia
- Religious Services
An Executive Chef and their team provide fantastic food services at KSV. Everything from comfort food to elegant special event dinners provides the variety our tenants enjoy. We are always working to adapt menus based on tenant feedback and increase our use of fresh, local ingredients to provide you with the best dining experience possible.
Residential Care (RC)
Residents are cared for by a highly trained, professional and caring staff, in a safe and secure environment. To ensure intimate, home-like surroundings, each mini-community has 15 rooms and its own dining area. Rooms are tastefully decorated in soft colours with comfortable furnishings. Residents are encouraged to bring familiar belongings and decorations to create an atmosphere that is familiar to them and to their families.
- Beautifully appointed, furnished private rooms, each with 2 piece ensuite
- Dietician-planned meals (three meals daily plus snacks)
- Specialized bathing facilities in each mini-community
- Lounges and outdoor areas
- In-community hair dresser
RC Entertainment and Recreation
Our trained Recreation Staff is dedicated to making time spent at KSV quality time. We want our residents to be able to fill their days with worthwhile activities and entertainment, to the best of their ability. We encourage the participation of family and friends. We also respect our residents’ rights to dignity always, and privacy when they wish it.
We take every opportunity to celebrate special occasions: – birthdays, holidays, special days, the seasons, local events and anything else that might be happening.
A few of our activities include:
- Music and music therapy
- Games – bowling, bingo cards, board games, Wii
- Exercise groups
- Walking groups
- Special occasion celebrations
KSV prides itself on its on-site cooking, including three meals and two snacks daily that are carefully planned by a certified dietician. Careful attention is paid to cultural and religious backgrounds of the residents when developing the meals offered.
Families and friends are actively encouraged to dine in the main dining room or be with their family in smaller, more intimate dining areas for those requiring help with meals.
What you need, when you need it
Our primary goal is to find what you need, when you need it. We will help you navigate the sometimes complicated world of seniors care and services. And, if we don’t have it at KSV, Retirement Concepts has other close-by options that may be right for you. Contact us today!
Retirement Concepts and Health Arts Society are joining together to celebrate BC’s communities through the arts. During the year-long concert…
"I’ve really enjoyed the last two years that I’ve worked here! How could I not?"
“I’ve really enjoyed the last two years that I’ve worked here! How could I not?! I have the fun job of making residents smile, planning/ implementing activities and working with a great group of people.”
“Recreation is what you do when you are not wasting your time.” – Wes Fessler
- Rebecca Moore - Recreation Staff
"It is safe, my mother is happy, it has just put all our fears away and we’re so thankful"
It is safe, my mother is happy, it has just put all our fears away and we’re so thankful