Kamloops Seniors Village
Kamloops Retirement Homes
Kamloops Seniors Village offers the sweeping views that highlight the natural beauty of Kamloops’s nearby mountains, the South and North Thompson Rivers, as well as the amenities of urban life. Just a short jaunt away is shopping at Aberdeen Mall, or we can venture out to catch a local Blazer hockey game or live theatre at the Sagebrush Theatre.
Independent living is intended for functionally independent people who are capable of directing their own lives. These residents choose to be free of the home management duties and prefer the convenience of service in a social atmosphere that provides services and security. Residents direct their own lives, come and go as they please and participate in activities of their choosing within their community.
Services provided include a menu of optional fee-for-services from a base rate which include meals, housekeeping, and recreational opportunities.
Assisted living is the combination of housing, hospitality services and one or two personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living or medication services (referred to in the Community Care and Assisted Living Act as prescribed services). Assisted living is intended for people who are able to make the range of decisions that allow them to live safely in a supportive, semi-independent environment.
In British Columbia, assisted living is regulated by the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and monitored by the provincial Assisted Living Registrar who:
- administers the registration of all assisted living residences in British Columbia, whether they are publicly subsidized or private-pay.
- establishes and administers health and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- ensures timely and effective investigation of complaints about the health and safety of assisted living residents.
- has authority to inspect residences if there is a concern about the health or safety of a resident.
- refers issues that are not within the registrar’s jurisdiction to the appropriate authorities.
- Coordinates investigation of complaints with the health authority Patient Care Quality Office.
Whether you choose a studio, a one bedroom, one bedroom and den, or a two bedroom suite, Kamloops Seniors Village provides a quality home, where you can can live life the way you want.
- Each private, spacious and stylish suite has a kitchenette with a bar fridge, plenty of cabinet space and modern fixtures.
- The living areas are roomy and enhanced by large, low windows that illuminate your suite, not to mention offer a portal to fresh breezes and the region’s stunning scenery. Sheers and draperies complete the suites….. and you bring your own furniture, so you’ll feel right at home.
- Peace of mind can be found with plenty of grab bars that have been installed in the bathrooms for safety. Twenty-four hour emergency response call bells are located in bathrooms and the main living area.
Above all else, these suites give you a chance to express your personal style, and to live life the way you choose.
Your guests are our guests and are welcome to stay in your suite, the guest suite, or just pop in for lunch or dinner. Arrangements can be made with our staff.
We’re a pet friendly community. Pets are welcome to visit, and residents are welcome to have small pets reside with them.
- A warm, elegant central dining room with two meals included every day
- Bistro gathering area, where residents and guests can enjoy a beverage and snack with family or friends
- Lounges and outdoor areas offer gathering places or a quiet retreat
- Library and internet lounge
- Bus trips and outings allow residents to access their favourite shops in bustling Kamloops, as well as travel to unique locations and attractions
- The General Store is open for business, supplying fresh milk, bread, cereal and a variety of other items
Entertainment and Activities
We provide the entertainment and activities; you decide what you wish to do. You are welcome to participate in as much as you want, or to take quiet time for yourself. It is your decision.
- Musical entertainment
- Billiards and pool
- Volunteer opportunities
- Bus Trips
- Computer Education
- Board and Card Games
- Discussion Groups and Trivia
- Church Services
Residential Care (Skilled Nursing Care)
Residents are cared for by a highly trained, professional and caring staff, in a safe and secure environment. To ensure intimate, home-like surroundings, each mini-community has 15 rooms and its own dining area. Rooms are tastefully decorated in soft colours with comfortable furnishings. Residents are encouraged to bring familiar belongings and decorations to create an atmosphere that is familiar to them and to their families.
Residential Care Amenities
- Beautifully appointed, furnished private rooms, each with 2 piece ensuite
- Dietician-planned meals (three meals daily plus snacks)
- Specialized bathing facilities in each mini-community
- Lounges and outdoor areas
- In-community hair dresser
Residential Care Entertainment and Recreation
Our trained Recreation Staff is dedicated to making time spent at Kamloops Seniors Village quality time. We want our residents to be able to fill their days with worthwhile activities and entertainment to the best of their ability. We encourage the participation of family and friends. We also respect our residents’ rights to dignity always, and privacy when they wish it.
We take every opportunity to celebrate special occasions: – birthdays, holidays, special days, the seasons, and anything else that might be happening.
A few of our activities include:
- Music and music therapy
- Games – bowling, bingo cards, board games, Wii
- Exercise groups
- Walking groups
- Special occasion celebrations
Retirement Concepts and Health Arts Society are joining together to celebrate BC’s communities through the arts. During the year-long concert…
"I’ve really enjoyed the last two years that I’ve worked here! How could I not?"
“I’ve really enjoyed the last two years that I’ve worked here! How could I not?! I have the fun job of making residents smile, planning/ implementing activities and working with a great group of people.”
“Recreation is what you do when you are not wasting your time.” – Wes Fessler
- Rebecca Moore - Recreation Staff
"Being here gives us security and keeps us healthy. And we have a great view!"
We are where we need to be at this point in our life. It gives us freedom. If we want something all we have to do is ask. The girls do an excellent job for us.
Being here gives us security and keeps us healthy. And we have a great view!
- Al Perry - Resident since 2009
Everyone Has A Story...
Sean comes to us from Ontario where his nursing career started in Acute Care. Although his acute care experience has been primarily in Intensive Care, it has also allowed Sean to work as an Outpost Nurse in Northern Ontario on First Nation Reserves. Sean transitioned into management first starting in Long Term Care as a Director of Nursing and transitioned into a General Manager role in Retirement and Assisted Living. In 2011 Sean completed the OANHSS Administrator Long Term Care Certificate which is now the requirement for Administrators in Long Term Care in Ontario. Prior to Sean’s nursing career, he worked as a Flight Paramedic. Sean is very passionate about his community and has served on a number of committees while also having the pleasure of serving as Director and then President of a Non-Profit organization.
Sean’s 17 years in healthcare brings a wealth of clinical knowledge, leadership and expertise to his current role. Sean is passionate about leading his team and providing a high standard of senior’s care based on best practices to the residents at Kamloops Seniors Village.
For Information, Tours and Reservations, please contact Bonnie Johnson at (250) 571-1804 or firstname.lastname@example.org