Comox Valley Seniors Village
Retirement Living Surrounded by Arts & Culture
Located in the beautiful Comox Valley, near downtown Courtenay with its shopping centres and services, Comox Valley Seniors Village (CVSV) provides a campus of care setting that offers something for everyone. Opening its doors in spring of 2009, CVSV is a complete Campus of Care with Independent, Assisted Living and Residential Care facilities. The 125 Independent/Assisted Living Suites, affectionately known by locals as “Casa Loma” shares this sprawling property providing a Campus of Care model with the goal of allowing residents to ‘age in place’. This site provides an ideal situation for couples who are able to remain in the same facility as their care needs change.
Independent and Assisted Living (IL/AL)
Independent living (IL) is intended for self-sufficient people who are capable of directing their own lives. These tenants choose to be free of all the home management chores and prefer the convenience of services and security in a social atmosphere. Tenants direct their own lives, come and go as they please and participate in activities of their choosing within their CVSV community.
Services provided include a menu of optional fee-for-services from a base rate which include meals, housekeeping, and recreational opportunities.
Assisted living (AL) is the combination of housing, hospitality services and one or two personal assistance services, such as regular assistance with activities of daily living or medication services (referred to in Community Care and Assisted Living Act the as prescribed services). Assisted living is intended for people who are able to make the range of decisions that allow them to live safely in a supportive, semi-independent environment. In British Columbia, assisted living is regulated by the Community Care and Assisted Living Act and monitored by the provincial Assisted Living Registrar.
AL is ideal for tenants who wish to maintain their independence, knowing assistance is available when they need it. AL tenants need to be self-directing their care and mobile as defined by using a walker and/or wheelchair as long as they are able to transfer to a bed or chair. This option is ideal for couples as well as singles.
Housing options in IL/AL include:
- Suites that are pleasantly decorated and consist of studios, one bedrooms, and two bedrooms
- Furnishings that include: kitchenettes with bar fridges, fixtures and curtains
- Bathrooms that are large and are configured for easy access with higher toilets, walk in showers and plenty of grab bars
- One-step emergency call bells are in every suite: living area and bathroom
- Some suites include mountain views or balconies
- A warm, elegant central dining room with two meals included (AL) every day
- Bistro gathering area, where tenants and guests can enjoy a beverage and snack with family or friends
- Lounges and outdoor areas offer gathering places or a quiet retreat
- Library and internet lounge including WiFi in Common Areas (CVSV Building only)
- Multipurpose room that includes stove/oven access and family gathering space
- Bus trips and outings that provide access to their favourite shops as well as travel to unique locations and attractions
- A General Store for quick, on-site access to everyday staples, if needed
Entertainment and Activities
We provide the entertainment and activities, you decide how much you want to do. We welcome your involvement. Some entertainment and activities include
- Musical entertainment
- Fitness Classes
- Billiards and pool
- Volunteer opportunities
- Bus Trips
- Computer Education and games
- Board, Card Games and Bingo
- Discussion Groups and Trivia
- Church Services
Residential Care (RC)
Residents are cared for by a highly trained, professional and caring staff, in a safe and secure environment.
To ensure intimate, home-like surroundings, each mini-community has 15 rooms and its own dining area. Rooms are tastefully decorated in soft colours with comfortable furnishings. Residents are encouraged to bring familiar belongings and decorations to create an atmosphere that is familiar to them and to their families.
- Beautifully appointed, furnished private rooms, each with 2 piece ensuite
- Dietician-planned meals (three meals daily plus snacks)
- Specialized bathing facilities in each mini-community
- Lounges and outdoor areas
- In-community hair dresser
Entertainment and Recreation
Our trained Recreation Staff is dedicated to making time spent at CVSV quality time. We want our residents to be able to fill their days with worthwhile activities and entertainment, to the best of their ability. We encourage the participation of family and friends. We also respect our residents’ rights to dignity always, and privacy when they wish it.
We take every opportunity to celebrate special occasions: – birthdays, holidays, special days, the seasons, local events and anything else that might be happening.
A few of our activities include:
- Music and music therapy
- Games – bowling, bingo cards, board games, Wii
- Exercise groups
- Walking groups
- Special occasion celebrations
What you need, when you need it
Our primary goal is to find what you need, when you need it. We will help you navigate the sometimes complicated world of seniors care and services. And, if we don’t have it at CVSV, Retirement Concepts has other close-by options that may be right for you. Contact us today!
Please see our news story about Casa Loma Seniors Village! http://www.comoxvalleyecho.com/article/20130405/COMOX0101/304059949/0/comox
"I came here because I wanted the companionship of people my own age, and I have found that here."
I came here because I wanted the companionship of people my own age, and I have found that here.
- Helen Foster - Resident since 2009
"The staff here are incredible. I love the comfort of knowing there is help if you need it; I can leave my husband with his pendant and know that he can get help if he needs."
The staff here are incredible. I love the comfort of knowing there is help if you need it; I can leave my husband with his pendant and know that he can get help if he needs.
It gives you some security to know that there is always someone available if we need help
- Anna McMullan - Resident since 2009
Everyone Has A Story...
For Information, Tours and Reservations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org